Lawrence "Larry" Kane

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lawrence "Larry" Kane

Post by WelshChappie on December 13th 2016, 7:30 pm

"Lawwey is the worst Swuspppect in the entwireeee Wodiac Case. "

Statement made by doubting Thomas, therefore, automatically gospel truth!
WelshChappie

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on December 13th 2016, 8:08 pm

WelshChappie wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:I wonder why Larry left NY to begin with. A "playboy" with prominent friends and I assume he was making decent money, he probably had to have left due to troubles with the law.

No no Chad, Larry was a Backward recluse and a nobody.  He was a friendless moron who stayed in with His Mother 24/7 and certainly couldn't plan a piss up in a brewery.

Thomas Void has said so!

Haha!! Dunce would have been the word I would have went with, but that's just because I love the word. Kane may have been caught in criminal activities many times, but I'm sure he got away with a shitload more crimes that nobody knows about. If not, then yeah he was a moron, but I don't think that's the case. He probably just didn't think things through as much as he should have.
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on December 13th 2016, 10:40 pm

Galaxie500 wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:I wonder why Larry left NY to begin with. A "playboy" with prominent friends and I assume he was making decent money, he probably had to have left due to troubles with the law.

He maintained an address in NYC concurrent to his time in New Orleans. The absolute latest he can be placed in NY is 1960, the same year he left Louisiana.

on the subject of kane's intelligence - he must have been pretty adept at accumulating money if nothing else. both of the addresses referenced above (816 st. philip st, new orleans, and 400 e 55 st, nyc, to be specific) were located in 'ritzy' areas, the former being only a couple of doors down from bourbon st. in addition, he had a separate apartment located in downtown new orleans. not too bad given his impoverished background.
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on December 13th 2016, 11:50 pm

Galaxie500 wrote:
Galaxie500 wrote:

He maintained an address in NYC concurrent to his time in New Orleans. The absolute latest he can be placed in NY is 1960, the same year he left Louisiana.

on the subject of kane's intelligence - he must have been pretty adept at accumulating money if nothing else. both of the addresses referenced above (816 st. philip st, new orleans, and 400 e 55 st, nyc, to be specific) were located in 'ritzy' areas, the former being only a couple of doors down from bourbon st. in addition, he had a separate apartment located in downtown new orleans. not too bad given his impoverished background.

Agreed! He was a great swindler/con-man from what I can tell. Probably more so that I originally thought now since reading your post.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie on December 14th 2016, 12:09 am

One of the significant facts I learned relating to Frontal Lobe Damage\Injury is that testing shows that it has no bearing or impact on an individual's IQ. I say it's significant because Tom, obviously having done zero research or fact checking, stated almost as a certified fact that Kane was 'Brain Damaged' and therefore could never have compiled complex ciphers. A case of Tom adding two plus two and getting Seven.

He's absolutely incorrect, misinformed and has sated these things on the basis of "Because it sounds a solid argument ...Brain Damage obviously conjure images of retarded people in wheel chairs so I will assume I am right when I'm actually nd factually completely wrong as is totally to be Expectated

Last edited by WelshChappie on December 16th 2016, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
WelshChappie

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie on December 14th 2016, 12:23 am

Not saying I created this photo or anything except I obviously did.
WelshChappie

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on December 14th 2016, 12:41 am

If Kane was "retarded" I don't think he would have held some of the jobs that he did.

HAHAHAHA Voigt got his ass knocked out! Alex wins, fatality.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman on December 15th 2016, 2:10 pm

Kane was not retarded lol I actually think he was pretty sharp even with a brain injury. It may have clouded his judgement at times but he never had good judgement to begin with.
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 24th 2017, 9:05 pm

ophion1031 wrote:$17,000 in jewelry was a lot back then.

What is a "shake and shingle man?" I think this is the first I have seen of him using "Kay" as his last name.

regarding his use of the name "kay," I always found this (originally discovered by Sandy Betts) kind of interesting -

"...only to have the car's occupants, Larry Kaye, Larry Kay, and Max Schulman, leap from the auto and assault them..."
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 24th 2017, 10:28 pm

Hmmm why is there a Larry Kaye AND a Larry Kay? What year is that article from? I'm not sure if I have seen that before or not.

Never heard anyone say "bawled them out" before. Sounds like some street slang that would be used today.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 24th 2017, 10:30 pm

ophion1031 wrote:Hmmm why is there a Larry Kaye AND a Larry Kay? What year is that article from? I'm not sure if I have seen that before or not.

Never heard anyone say "bawled them out" before. Sounds like some street slang that would be used today.

10/22/1946. It's the very first arrest listed on his rap sheet.
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 24th 2017, 10:47 pm

Oh, cool. He would have been pretty young then - 21 or 22, I think.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 24th 2017, 11:35 pm

ophion1031 wrote:Hmmm why is there a Larry Kaye AND a Larry Kay? What year is that article from? I'm not sure if I have seen that before or not.

It's made all the weirder by the fact that Kane apparently did use the name 'Kay' from time to time. Really wish there was more information available on this incident...

Tried doing a search on Max Schulman but couldn't find anything.

Last edited by Galaxie500 on January 25th 2017, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 24th 2017, 11:43 pm

I wonder if they spelled Schulman's last name wrong and maybe it is really "Shulman." There is a Max SHULMAN who was a writer, but I don't think he ever lived in NY so probably not the same guy.

Actually, this is probably him here...
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/classified/paid-notice-deaths-shulman-max-l.html

EDIT: Crap, that last name is spelled wrong, too. Nevermind.

There was a Max Schulman in NY that enlisted in the military sometime between 1942 and 1947.

Here's a long shot... A Max Schulman managed a hotel in Cincinnati and I have read some unpleasant things about him, seemed to be a shady guy. A guy who worked for him was named Oscar Kline. The Max Schulman from the article was probably from NY, same as Kane, but I guess it could be that he was in town visiting and maybe knew Kane through Kline if they were somehow related (although Kane's birth name was Klein, K-L-E-I-N), which I highly doubt. I haven't really done much research on Oscar Kline yet, but out of boredom I probably will eventually. Again, it's highly doubtful that there is any connection at all but I got some time to kill at work in front of a computer so what the hell. I think Oscar Kline may have been born around 1890. If I got the right guy, he had a son named Able Kline (Cain and Abel?) who was a couple years older than Kane. If anyone wants to rag on me for even looking into this, be my guest. I realize how crazy it is.

There is a photo of Oscar Kline in this 1930 newspaper, but I cannot access it...
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/100527936/
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie on January 25th 2017, 2:36 pm

ophion1031 wrote:If Kane was "retarded" I don't think he would have held some of the jobs that he did.

HAHAHAHA Voigt got his ass knocked out! Alex wins, fatality.

A violently successful accidental Right hook that Void may be in the way of and stops it with His face will trigger the lights to go out & the tune below to commence.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqIyAE0eeA
WelshChappie

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 25th 2017, 8:03 pm

ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 27th 2017, 8:41 am

ophion1031 wrote:I wonder if they spelled Schulman's last name wrong and maybe it is really "Shulman." There is a Max SHULMAN who was a writer, but I don't think he ever lived in NY so probably not the same guy.

Actually, this is probably him here...
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/classified/paid-notice-deaths-shulman-max-l.html

EDIT: Crap, that last name is spelled wrong, too. Nevermind.

There was a Max Schulman in NY that enlisted in the military sometime between 1942 and 1947.

Here's a long shot... A Max Schulman managed a hotel in Cincinnati and I have read some unpleasant things about him, seemed to be a shady guy. A guy who worked for him was named Oscar Kline. The Max Schulman from the article was probably from NY, same as Kane, but I guess it could be that he was in town visiting and maybe knew Kane through Kline if they were somehow related (although Kane's birth name was Klein, K-L-E-I-N), which I highly doubt. I haven't really done much research on Oscar Kline yet, but out of boredom I probably will eventually. Again, it's highly doubtful that there is any connection at all but I got some time to kill at work in front of a computer so what the hell. I think Oscar Kline may have been born around 1890. If I got the right guy, he had a son named Able Kline (Cain and Abel?) who was a couple years older than Kane. If anyone wants to rag on me for even looking into this, be my guest. I realize how crazy it is.

There is a photo of Oscar Kline in this 1930 newspaper, but I cannot access it...
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/100527936/

"If anyone wants to rag on me for even looking into this, be my guest. I realize how crazy it is."

Not at all. It's actually very interesting.

With regards to the Larry Kay mentioned in the article above, I'm pretty sure this is him. He was a restaurateur/night club manager...

Last edited by Galaxie500 on January 29th 2017, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 28th 2017, 9:29 pm

Oh, wow... so there could be a link after all. One other thing I should mention is that there was a psychologist who was originally from Cincinnati that I have been looking into. His name was Dr. Meyer Zeligs. I stumbled upon him in the SF Directory and what stood out to me was that he lived at the corner of Washington & Cherry, well a few houses west of the corner, and his office was just a couple blocks from where Stine picked up Z. It's probably nothing, but it made me think that maybe Z was a patient of Dr. Zeligs and wanted to send him a message for whatever reason.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 28th 2017, 11:32 pm

WelshChappie wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:Wow, Kane must have won her over with his charming personality. Denise was voted "The Most Beautiful Girl in France." Pretty crazy. I wonder if she had anything to do with Kane heading out to California.

Kane was not in need of the Charm to woo the Ladies and journalists who wrote about Kaye's little jewel thefts and other things do so by referring to Lawrence as "The Handsome Suspect" in one article, while another writer describes Him as "Handsome and Flashy" 

Kaye was said to have had Law Enforcement in Hysterical laughter as upon searching His property The Police found something that was both extremely legal, and extreme;y funny. A giant mug was discovered with the inscription "To Larry, the Most Handsome Man in The World, Thank You from the Women of America" or words along those lines.

But Kane being described as Handsome by Journalists who are writing as Impartial reporters is interesting because they must therefore have seen Lawrence as very good looking to describe Him the way they did. 

I saw those press articles referring to "The Handsome Suspect, Larry Kaye. . ." and My mind flashed back to the three Girl sunbathing out of the Island who described a Male watching them who'd look away if they looked over at Him. The report states the Girls described this Man as about 40 yrs of age,  medium build and Quote"Good Looking."

I had always thought the LBS perv sketch always looked like Kane, too. That and just a gut feeling that it was him.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 29th 2017, 3:10 pm

ophion1031 wrote:
WelshChappie wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:Wow, Kane must have won her over with his charming personality. Denise was voted "The Most Beautiful Girl in France." Pretty crazy. I wonder if she had anything to do with Kane heading out to California.

Kane was not in need of the Charm to woo the Ladies and journalists who wrote about Kaye's little jewel thefts and other things do so by referring to Lawrence as "The Handsome Suspect" in one article, while another writer describes Him as "Handsome and Flashy" 

Kaye was said to have had Law Enforcement in Hysterical laughter as upon searching His property The Police found something that was both extremely legal, and extreme;y funny. A giant mug was discovered with the inscription "To Larry, the Most Handsome Man in The World, Thank You from the Women of America" or words along those lines.

But Kane being described as Handsome by Journalists who are writing as Impartial reporters is interesting because they must therefore have seen Lawrence as very good looking to describe Him the way they did. 

I saw those press articles referring to "The Handsome Suspect, Larry Kaye. . ." and My mind flashed back to the three Girl sunbathing out of the Island who described a Male watching them who'd look away if they looked over at Him. The report states the Girls described this Man as about 40 yrs of age,  medium build and Quote"Good Looking."

I had always thought the LBS perv sketch always looked like Kane, too. That and just a gut feeling that it was him.

There's certainly a resemblance. I would, however, like to qualify this statement by pointing out that the LB sketch is almost comically non-descript and could therefore be said to resemble any number of people. Granted, Kane bears a better likeness to it than most.

Galaxie500 wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:Galaxie, would you happen to have a list of known addresses on Kane?
Lake Tahoe Inn, 3520 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA

If you get an opportunity, this should be amended to read "Lake Tahoe Inn, 4110 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe,CA." He kept a room at this location concurrent to his residence in Zephyr Cove.

Last edited by Galaxie500 on April 17th 2017, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 29th 2017, 8:00 pm

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what his reasoning was to have two places of residence. Could be business related I suppose.

Imagine if Kane was not Zodiac but he was at LBS checking out young girls that day and he actually was the man in the sketch. What a weird coincidence that would be.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 29th 2017, 9:15 pm

ophion1031 wrote:Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what his reasoning was to have two places of residence. Could be business related I suppose.

Imagine if Kane was not Zodiac but he was at LBS checking out young girls that day and he actually was the man in the sketch. What a weird coincidence that would be.

What gets me is that there's only a seven minute drive between the two locations (408 McFaul Way; Tahoe Inn.) Seems more than a little gratuitous, assuming that the Tahoe Inn address wasn't office space or something of that nature. He had a similar living arrangement in New Orleans - he simultaneously maintained a house in the french quarter (816 St. Philip St.) and an apartment in the commercial district (located at Claiborne Towers, which at the time in question was one of the largest and most affluent apartment complexes in the south).
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxie500 on January 29th 2017, 9:43 pm

Galaxie500 wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what his reasoning was to have two places of residence. Could be business related I suppose.

What gets me is that there's only a seven minute drive between the two locations (408 McFaul Way; Tahoe Inn.) Seems more than a little gratuitous, assuming that the Tahoe Inn address wasn't office space or something of that nature. He had a similar living arrangement in New Orleans - he simultaneously maintained a house in the french quarter (816 St. Philip St.) and an apartment in the commercial district (located at Claiborne Towers, which at the time in question was one of the largest and most affluent apartment complexes in the south).  

I was looking through some files pertaining to the 'Claiborne Towers' when I stumbled across the following passage in the Harold Weisberg archives (http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Minutemen/Item%20013.pdf, Pg. 5-6):

"A man named Whiteman, it may be Joe Whiteman, what his first name is I don't know. He works with Kent Courtney, also a John Birch Society member. He's not a member of the Minutemen but they are both members of the Mormons in New Orleans, LA. Whiteman was on the council of the Minutemen and also the State Coordinater, hold the two positions in Louisiana.

Murray Lambert is on the council. He resides in Room 1635 in the Claiborne Towers in New Orleans, LA. He is the attorney for the Anti-Communist Committee in the Caribbean Area. He is the man who is part of the military strategy along with the CIA agents for the overthrow of the (redacted) government."

Thought that might be of interest to you re: Minutemen.
Galaxie500

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 29th 2017, 10:38 pm

Galaxie500 wrote:

I wonder how he could even afford two places. But I think something has to be up with that, I mean why have two places? Pretty sketchy IMO. Makes me wonder if he was killing when he lived in NOLA.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on January 29th 2017, 10:39 pm

Galaxie500 wrote:
Galaxie500 wrote:

I was looking through some files pertaining to the 'Claiborne Towers' when I stumbled across the following passage in the Harold Weisberg archives (http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/M%20Disk/Minutemen/Item%20013.pdf, Pg. 5-6):

"A man named Whiteman, it may be Joe Whiteman, what his first name is I don't know. He works with Kent Courtney, also a John Birch Society member. He's not a member of the Minutemen but they are both members of the Mormons in New Orleans, LA. Whiteman was on the council of the Minutemen and also the State Coordinater, hold the two positions in Louisiana.

Murray Lambert is on the council. He resides in Room 1635 in the Claiborne Towers in New Orleans, LA. He is the attorney for the Anti-Communist Committee in the Caribbean Area. He is the man who is part of the military strategy along with the CIA agents for the overthrow of the (redacted) government."

Thought that might be of interest to you re: Minutemen.

Wow, great find! Anything relating to the Minutemen interests me, but New Orleans Minutemen activity especially interests me.
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top