NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status of the case?

+7
MandaSkunk
Matthew Mayer
Don Pseuym
The Conquerer
ophion1031
Dave Bauer
Otto Van der Muellen
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Status of the case? Empty Status of the case?

Post by Otto Van der Muellen August 18th 2015, 9:13 pm

I guess i am having problem finding out if the case is still active or have all of the PDs and the FBI officially closed it?
Otto Van der Muellen
Otto Van der Muellen

Back to top Go down

Status of the case? Empty Re: Status of the case?

Post by ophion1031 August 18th 2015, 11:33 pm

Good question. I think that maybe one or two of the police departments still have the case open, but I'm not 100% sure.
ophion1031
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Bauer August 22nd 2015, 10:45 pm

"In April 2004, the SFPD marked the case "inactive," citing caseload pressure and resource demands. However, they re-opened their case sometime before March 2007"

Sorry, that doesn't help much.
Dave Bauer
Dave Bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 August 22nd 2015, 11:55 pm

Apparently there is a Vallejo officer who has been doing some work on the case and he will be sitting down soon with officers from other departments to compare notes and share information and see if anything comes of it.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by The Conquerer September 13th 2015, 8:51 pm

The case is so old but there are still thousands of people interested because of the mysetery of it all. I couldnt tell you what the 'official' sttaus of the case is but there are alot of people still working on it, rather they be police or just amateur sleuths.
The Conquerer
The Conquerer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym September 15th 2015, 11:37 am

More like millions Conquerer
I think the Vallejo Det.s post at the other site is very significant they usually do not have a conference unless there is new evidence ,I think he said it that way to tip members  off
unless it is to see if some force has new evidence

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 September 15th 2015, 7:59 pm

There is/was a conference? Was this recently? All I had heard was that a Vallejo (?) officer was going to be sitting down with Napa PD and maybe SFPD to compare notes and go through the "evidence."

I really haven't had time to pay attention to any new developments over the last month or so.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym September 16th 2015, 7:50 pm

I remember it as him saying in the coming weeks he was meeting with other agencys to discuss any new developments with zodiac . sandy betts thought it was a interesting statement by him as it would get a lot of press attention out in Cal.
That cop signed on th ZKS then never made or answered a comment until that one . it seemed strange he would even be at that site no less say who he is

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym September 16th 2015, 7:59 pm

Otto Van der Muellen wrote:I guess i am having problem finding out if the case is still active or have all of the PDs and the FBI officially closed it?
I think the 04 statement that SFPD was closing the case was a ploy to try to see if Z would send a letter or maybe to stop the amateurs sending crazy evidence but police never really close a murder case esp the biggest one they ever had
Vallejo has a Z info link on there web site
Riverside PD I called and they listened and called back once
I called SF PD but they put me off quickly

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Mayer September 20th 2015, 8:05 pm

It's a shame the different police offices did not cooperate and work together from the get go. The case probably would have been solved.

Matthew

Matthew Mayer

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 September 29th 2015, 8:51 pm

Matthew Mayer wrote:It's a shame the different police offices did not cooperate and work together from the get go. The case probably would have been solved.

Matthew

It's hard to say. From my experiences, it seems like different PDs and/or law enforcement agencies don't like each other very much. Them trying to work together could have caused some problems. Or it could have brought some good results. It's hard to say.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by MandaSkunk March 7th 2016, 8:47 pm

Even if the case is technically closed (which I'm not sure), there are message boards like these that keep it alive and keep the hope going that it'll be solved one day.
MandaSkunk
MandaSkunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman March 10th 2016, 12:38 am

MandaSkunk wrote:Even if the case is technically closed (which I'm not sure), there are message boards like these that keep it alive and keep the hope going that it'll be solved one day.

True. And I think it will happen but with the help of someone out there who knows something that none of us do.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 23rd 2016, 10:26 pm

Homicide cases are never closed until they are solve. SFPD was so overwhelmed with kooks claiming their father , step father, brother, etc., was Zodiac, they had to slow it down.
The Det, at VPD hasn't had the time yet, to go to SFPD and get anything . He has been good about calling me to give me updates, he is getting the evidence I gave to Jim Deasy in 1990. I gave SFPD DNA evidence , printing ,handprints and writing of my suspect. They will be trading information.
I have a good feeling about this Det. !

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 23rd 2016, 10:36 pm

I forgot, I also gave them a phone recorded voice tape of my suspect.
What he said was: Sorry I missed you, well I guess I will say good bye, don't worry, we will get together soon.

The "Sorry I missed you" had a double meaning, one being I wasn't home to answer the phone, the other was he missed my head by about 2 inches, when he shot at me through my bedroom window. The rest is easy to figure out. If I was Paul Avery , the police would have been all over that message!

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman March 25th 2016, 8:09 am

sandy betts wrote:I forgot, I also gave them a phone recorded voice tape of my suspect.
What he said was: Sorry I missed you, well I guess I will say good bye, don't worry, we will get together soon.

The "Sorry I missed you" had a double meaning, one being I wasn't home to answer the phone, the other was he missed my head by about 2 inches, when he shot at me through my bedroom window. The rest is easy to figure out. If I was Paul Avery , the police would have been all over that message!

That's pretty creepy. Do you think he missed your head on purpose?
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 25th 2016, 9:22 am

He could have, because I was only about 15 feet away from him. But I do know that when ever he is very close to me , he shakes real bad, so the shaking could have caused him to miss. The neighbor boys saw him with the gun climb over the fence to get away. They told me about seeing him a yrs or two after it happened. They didn't call the police , because they had been smoking MJ.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunderhead99 March 26th 2016, 2:28 pm

Sounds like he is just playing games and doesn't want you dead for some reason.
Dunderhead99
Dunderhead99

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 26th 2016, 9:53 pm

Dunderhead99 wrote:Sounds like he is just playing games and doesn't want you dead for some reason.

Exactly ! He likes the idea that I will play his game with him. That is why he sends me clues, to see if I can put them together. Its almost like a marriage, when one knows what the other is thinking, because you know them so well.
I know it seems a bit crazy, but I can feel him when he is close by. He smokes a lot , so if he is hiding in the bushes I can usually smell him. ( I don't smoke ) That happened only once and I turned around and went back to my car and drove away!
For a while I played dumb , just to get him to give me more evidence to prove he is Zodiac. That was when he bought me a new clothes line, to replace the one I had forgotten all about many yrs before. It was taken in the summer of 1969 , wish I could remember what the date was of that incident ? All I know is it was that summer and before Sept 27th. I had moved four different times and many yrs later , about 15 to 20 yrs later. The person who took my clothes line in Napa in 1969, replaces it ? Who does that sort of thing ? No one but the person who took it would know that, because I had forgotten about it. I doubt I paid more than $10.00 for it , so it was no big deal .
But it is a big deal to me now, because now I know it was the very same type of clothes line that was used at Lake Berryessa to tie up the victims! So now I know that the man who stole the clothes line and tied Bryan and Cecelia then stabbed them, is the same man who is playing with me . He wants to prove to me who he is by putting the clothes line on my front porch.I may have thought it was Zodiac who was toying with me, but with that evidence, I have no doubt about who he is ! I still have all of the evidence he has left for me in a safety deposit box for safe keeping, just in case something happens to me.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 26th 2016, 10:38 pm

Dunderhead99 wrote:Sounds like he is just playing games and doesn't want you dead for some reason.

Certainly seems like it, and he has probably had many opportunities and not taken them. The questions is... what the hell does he want?
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 26th 2016, 10:40 pm

Sandy, do you have anything on this guy that would prevent him from killing you? Obviously you haven't scared him off because he is still around, but for some reason he has kept you alive (thankfully!).
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 26th 2016, 11:44 pm

ophion1031 wrote:Sandy, do you have anything on this guy that would prevent him from killing you? Obviously you haven't scared him off because he is still around, but for some reason he has kept you alive (thankfully!).

He may think that I have something on him ? The only thing that I might have on him, is that I know Darlene was involved in a counterfeit ring in Vallejo. She used some of that money to buy her home. I think it ticked off the head guy who I think could have been Zodiac? She was also selling drugs out of her home, small time to friends mostly. I got this information from people who knew her. I dated one of the people in the money ring, who mentioned someone named Dee in front of me to his room mate. The room mate was a bit of a hippie, he had brown curly hair and was short and stocky and liked to play the piano. He had a weird sounding voice when he tried to yell at my boyfriend about saying the name Dee. The guy I dated was Don Porter, who has passed away. He ended up getting caught with some of the phony money. He took the fall for the others involved. From what I understood, there were 4 involved, two were from Chicago, they brought the money plates to Vallejo. I had no idea he was in that ring , until he was caught.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 27th 2016, 12:40 am

Wow, I didn't know she was involved in counterfeiting, but I did have a feeling she was somehow tied up in drugs. I was researching something a while back and found a guy (or maybe two guys) who got busted bringing a ton of marijuana back to California from Mexico and had wondered if Darlene was maybe mixed up in something big. But if she was just selling to friends then probably not. Then again, maybe she knew all the people involved and "stepped out of line" or something. It did seem like she knew a lot of people and was outgoing. It also seems like she was seeing quite a few different guys. I'm pretty sure Mike Mageau said she was even dating his brother at one time.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 27th 2016, 12:49 am

Remember Morf found a possible connection to Darlene's family and William Keating from the "Pigeon Boy" letter? I don't recall the exact details, but Keating's wife's maiden name was Perine. One of the marijuana smugglers was named Perine. I think it was something like 1 ton of weed he was transporting. I can't remember when this happened. I will have to find that information again.

Last edited by ophion1031 on March 27th 2016, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 27th 2016, 1:19 am

Ok, here we go... Michael Robert Perine and Michael Scott Kelly were busted transporting approximately 900 lbs of marijuana from Mexico into California by plane in 1971.

I ran across this while researching the Albany kid that threatened William J. Keating if he didn't keep his cat away from the house with the skylark flag. Again, Morf found out that Keating may be related to someone in Darlene's family (her uncle Leo, I think?) and so I started to look into any possible relatives or friends of Keating just for the hell of it and that is where I found Michael Robert Perine. I cannot remember exactly how I came up with this name. Linda Marie Keating (born 1943) her mother's maiden name was Perine. I forget who Linda is, but she is the tie to the Perine-Keating connection. Linda may have married Keating's son? I haven't researched the "Pigeon Boy" thing in months so I forget.

Also worth noting: When I google "Michael Perine" guess what I find? This is a crazy coincidence. In 1916, there was a 24 year old man named Michael Perine who set his home on fire to collect insurance money because he was out of work and did not want to be evicted or for his family to starve. Guess where this home was located? At the corner of Evelyn and Dartmouth in Albany. A block and a half away from where William J. Keating received the threatening notes three decades later.

Last edited by ophion1031 on March 27th 2016, 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next