Status of the case?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Status of the case?

Post by sandy betts on March 27th 2016, 11:08 pm

Very good information !The name Mike Kelly came up in one of my investigation, but I don't remember what it was about?
I am pretty sure that that name had something to do with one of the license plates I ran. I have notes on most of what I investigate, so it is on a paper in one of my many note books.
I would like to know for sure just how Darlene is related to Keating ? I know her mothers maiden name was Hightower.
After Darlene was killed , her mother would get phone calls from a man who told her he was Zodiac and would kill more of her children. ( There were 10 children )VPD told her that it was probably one of her neighbors playing a sick joke . I believe that it was Zodiac and he was living in Vallejo.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on March 27th 2016, 11:23 pm

Mike Kelly isn't all that uncommon of a name, but still interesting. I had some notes on the Mike Kelly I had found. I know he would have been born in the late 40's, 1948 or 1949, and in 1970 he was living in Tam Valley. I will see if I can find the other notes on him again...

I think Darlene's uncle Leo was related to Keating somehow, but I don't think it was ever established in what way they were related.
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on March 28th 2016, 10:19 am

Yes it is a common name. Two names that my secret admirer has used when he has called me were John and Michael.
I will see what I can find on Leo , I am assuming that it was Darlene's mothers brother ? Because Leo Sr and Leo Jr where her father and younger brother.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on March 28th 2016, 10:48 am

Pretty interesting what you stumbled on.
The plane you mentioned reminded me about an incident at a restaurant in Vallejo perhaps about 1970 , could have been 1969 , not sure. I hope I am not repeating myself ? But I was sitting at a table with Don Porter and two other men about 25-30 yrs old. They were talking about transporting drugs to Vallejo. They said that they had to fly lower, because of the radar or something the police were using to catch flying drugs. I thought that I was being funny when I said : You are all under arrest ! I could hear their guns clicking under the table. Don told them to hold on that I was only joking. They did not find that as being funny. Bottom line is maybe that is the plane that people said Darlene was seen standing in front of ?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman on March 28th 2016, 8:00 pm

How crazy would it be if those two men you were sitting with were the same men who were busted with all that marijuana.
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on March 28th 2016, 11:02 pm

Rocketman wrote:How crazy would it be if those two men you were sitting with were the same men who were busted with all that marijuana.

Exactly what I was wondering? I wish I could be hypnotized to see what else I can remember ?
Maybe I saw the car's license plate of the man who followed me from Vallejo who I see from time to time now? I seem to remember things when I talk about what was happening back then.
The more I talk or write about it the more I remember.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on March 28th 2016, 11:15 pm

ophion1031 wrote:Sandy, do you have anything on this guy that would prevent him from killing you? Obviously you haven't scared him off because he is still around, but for some reason he has kept you alive (thankfully!).

I forgot to mention that he probably would have killed me, but because I took his picture and gave it to the police in case something happened to me. He would be foolish to do anything, is my guess? Too bad Darlene didn't do that.
He knew that I gave his picture to the police, because I told him I did. I also told him I was not afraid of dying, if it meant he would be caught.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 on March 28th 2016, 11:23 pm

Darlene is the one victim who probably did know her attacker. I would bet money on it, but there is no way to know for sure. I would love to know who she was involved with in the whole drug thing.

Sandy, I think you are right about your suspect and why he never killed you. His "attempts" were probably not successful on purpose, because he wanted you to know that he could do it if he wanted to.
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on March 28th 2016, 11:40 pm

Very true, he likes to toy with me. I know that Don Porter mentioned having to stop by Dee's home before we went to SF. So the chance of someone else named Dee involved in drugs and phony money is hard to deny. Even her sister mentioned in a newspaper article, that the money Darlene was paying her with , were brand new $20.00 bills, instead of the change she was paid, before for babysitting Deana. Her sister said that her husband made her bring the $20.00 bills back to Darlene. He must have figured it out. Darlene was spending a lot of money , more than what a waitress would have had at that time.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 5th 2016, 12:10 am

Wow I didn't know any of that. Agreed, it is hard to deny that it wasn't her and that she wasn't into something. If she was spending that much money then she couldn't have just been a small time dealer I'd say.
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 5th 2016, 8:38 am

It may not be so much that she made a lot of money selling drugs. I think it was more of the counterfeit money she was spending, that got her killed by one of the 4 major ring leaders. One of which I think was Zodiac? Her ex seemed to be spending a lot as well ,for not having a steady job. I went to Santa Cruz to see what property he had there. It turned out that the person I spoke to at the assessors office was his friend. He must have called Jim to tell him I was headed to the library, because about an hour later he showed up ! He was glaring at me , I walked up to him and asked him if he was Jim Phillips? He said in a gruff sounding voice, no. But I knew better , because I had his picture and it was him for sure.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman on April 5th 2016, 4:53 pm

sandy betts wrote:It may not be so much that she made a lot of money selling drugs. I think it was more of the counterfeit money she was spending, that got her killed by one of the 4 major ring leaders. One of which I think was Zodiac? Her ex seemed to be spending a lot as well ,for not having a steady job.  I went to Santa Cruz to see what property he had there. It turned out that the person I spoke to at the assessors office was his friend. He must have called Jim to tell him I was headed to the library, because about an hour later he showed up ! He was glaring at me , I walked up to him and asked him if he was Jim Phillips? He said in a gruff sounding voice, no. But I knew better , because I had his picture and it was him for sure.

Did that just happen recently? I always had the feeling that Santa Cruz was important for whatever reason.
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 6th 2016, 8:51 am

No, that was probably around 1999. I know that he moved to Washington sometime after that. I haven't checked face book to see if he is there, but I think he had a blog? Because I saw how he looked a couple of years ago. He still has the light reddish hair that I saw him with in Santa Cruz, but no longer had the hippie look. From what I understand he had married a girl in Germany while in the Army. She had his girl child and was abandoned by him. That was of course before he married Darlene,so he was a bigamist and his marriage to Darlene was not legal. Not sure if he also married the other girl who was pregnant by him in Santa Cruz, when Darlene was murdered. He was living with another woman in Boulder Creek when I ran into him. I am told he brought the first wife back from Germany and is still with her in Washington. He must have one hell of a good personality, because he is very short on good looks. While with Darlene they moved around a lot , like the man Darlene said was back from out of state. He was living in "Colorado" at one time. I found him in Arizona in the 80's.
He isn't the Zodiac , but so much about him is spot on.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 6th 2016, 9:13 pm

What a piece of work that guy is. I wonder if he checks the Z boards, not that he has ever heard of this one probably.
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 6th 2016, 10:21 pm

He probably reads sites from time to time. I am sure he doesn't like me at all! He has an above average brain and could have his name in "Google Alerts", just to see what is being said about him.
He is sue happy, so be careful what you say. He did have one site shut down, because the host said he could be the Zodiac. He was a Z suspect until VPD saw how short he was, it didn't fit the tall ,huge person at Lake Berryessa.
But he sure as heck fit the shooter of Paul Stine and Darlene. Not that he did shoot either of them, only that he should have been looked at a little better , before dismissing him.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 6th 2016, 10:40 pm

Hi, Jimbo!! *waves* lol!
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 6th 2016, 11:40 pm

LOL

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 9th 2016, 10:11 pm

I was just given some new information about Jim. His managers license for managing apartments in OR, was taken away from him because of 35 offences!

Looks like he has had 4 marriages and 6 children. Truth again is stranger than fiction!

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 10th 2016, 9:24 pm

Wow! something odd about this guy for sure.
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 10th 2016, 10:07 pm

Jim told a person named Skip that he killed his ex wife many years ago. Skip said he was a very scary person and didn't want anything to do with him. Maybe we need to check and see which ex Jim killed ? At the time Jim told Skip, Skip didn't know that Jim had been married to a Zodiac victim. I thought it was pretty interesting when I read that. And wondered if Jim was bragging about something that he didn't really do, to try and look like more of a bad ass than he really was ?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 10th 2016, 10:25 pm

Would Skip be willing to talk do you think?
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 10th 2016, 11:07 pm

Not sure , but my guess is that he is still very afraid of Jim.
Won't hurt to try.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts on April 12th 2016, 8:49 pm

This will blow your minds, Jim's adopted farther was born on April 28th 1901. Zodiac wrote a letter on April 28th 1970! If you subtract 1901 from 1970 you get 69 the year that Darlene was murdered. A lot of coincidences. May 8th is Jim's birthday, Zodiac wrote on May 8th 1974, Did Zodiac know Jim and try to point the finger at him by using these dates ?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester on April 16th 2016, 9:57 pm

Whoa yes that is a hell of a coincidence. Or maybe not?
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top