NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug and/or counterfeiting ring

+2
ophion1031
JohnFester
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Drug and/or counterfeiting ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug and/or counterfeiting ring

Post by ophion1031 January 2nd 2017, 8:58 pm

sandy betts wrote:Yes it was on a card sent to a catalog company in England. He drew the middle finger and the Z logo on the card.
I think he did this knowing that VPD was coming back to his home with a warrant to search. He sent it with under postage, just so it would be there to taunt the police is what I think. I do not like this jerk at all !

Yep, that's the one! Do you know the date he sent that? He sounds like a d-bag and a liar from what I have gathered, although I have never met him in person.
ophion1031
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Drug and/or counterfeiting ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug and/or counterfeiting ring

Post by sandy betts January 3rd 2017, 12:34 am

I will check out the date, but my guess is late 1969 or early 1970. He became a suspect soon after Paul Stine was shot, being he was living in SF at that time and had been married to Darlene. Darlene's mother believed he was the killer and had seen cypher's he wrote. As soon as the detective from Vallejo saw Jim he eliminated him as a suspect, because he was not even close to the huge suspect at Lake Berryessa. I will always believe that that crime threw the investigation off track, because the hood made the killer look taller than he really was. I think that his height was between 5ft 8 and 5ft 10, no taller than 5ft 10, he wore glasses then and now.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 3rd 2017, 8:00 pm

Oh wow, I don't think I ever read that he had written any ciphers before.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 3rd 2017, 10:42 pm

I believe I read that in one of the police reports, I know for sure the mother stated that she had seen some of Jim's cypher's. In that same report or interview ,she said Jim made claims of working undercover and that he owned a newspaper company in the Virgin Islands. She was told that Jim had been in a mental hospital. After running into him in Santa Cruz in the mid 90's, I could see that he had a mental problem.
All of this is part of the reasons I had to know more about him, he was in my eyes the best suspect of all! This guy still hates Darlene, he talks so badly about her. His reasoning for beating her was that she cheated on him. Men who beat women are cowards in my book!!!!

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 4th 2017, 8:11 pm

sandy betts wrote:I believe I read that in one of the police reports, I know for sure the mother stated that she had seen some of Jim's cypher's. In that same report or interview ,she said Jim made claims of working undercover and that he owned a newspaper company in the Virgin Islands. She was told that Jim had been in a mental hospital. After running into him in Santa Cruz in the mid 90's, I could see that he had a mental problem.
All of this is part of the reasons I had to know more about him, he was in my eyes the best suspect of all! This guy still hates Darlene, he talks so badly about her. His reasoning for beating her was that she cheated on him. Men who beat women are cowards in my book!!!!

I couldn't agree more!!

I don't know as much about Jim as I should, but from what I have seen he does make for a great suspect. Plus, I have always thought Darlene was murdered because of her seeing so many men and it pissed someone off.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 4th 2017, 8:30 pm

I think it was that and the idea she wanted out of the crime ring and was dating Cops. She was about to tell something that would put her name in the newspaper. I think that was about the ring and the leader or the hit man got wind of that and killed her to shut her up. The guy who was in the car at Blue Rock that she told Mike "never mind" , I believe was the killer. That is the only time Mike could have gotten a good look at him. Mike said that the car looked like her Ex's car!

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 5th 2017, 1:07 am

sandy betts wrote:I think it was that and the idea she wanted out of the crime ring and was dating Cops. She was about to tell something that would put her name in the newspaper. I think that was about the ring and the leader or the hit man got wind of that and killed her to shut her up. The guy who was in the car at Blue Rock that she told Mike "never mind" , I believe was the killer. That is the only time Mike could have gotten a good look at him. Mike said that the car looked like her Ex's car!

If any of this is accurate, that could be huge because someone involved in any of those activities might be still alive and willing to talk. I know that might sound odd because former criminals don't usually talk about past crimes, but this was so long ago and might help solve a murder, it could be possible. In the DB Cooper case, a guy who was running drugs in the late 70's and early 80's and came forward with some story about a guy he was partners with that had claimed to be DB Cooper. Anyways, this guy coming forward is how some investigators (I think) got onto Bob Rackstraw.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 5th 2017, 9:07 am

Yes and the one guy who would have told me was Don Porter, who has passed away. I trully believe that his roommate was Zodiac.That was the guy who I heard flip out when Don said the name Dee in front of me. That guy was about 30 yrs old in 1968-69 ,about 5ft 9 ,stocky, brown curly hair, liked to play the piano. His voice was odd as I recall, he didn't yell in a normal voice, it was scratchy and strained sounding, as if his vocal cord was damaged? I found some address for Don Porter in Vallejo, one was Evans st. I need to check the other addresses, to see if they will show anyone else living there with him. The true name of the Zodiac could be at one of those addresses? Have you ever thought that the composite for DB Cooper and Zodiac looked a lot alike? Just a thought.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 8th 2017, 2:27 am

Don just passed away recently?

I always thought there was a very slight similarity between the Stine composite and the one of DB Cooper. I think DB Cooper was someone who has been mentioned as a suspect already (none of those people have come up in the Zodiac case), while Zodiac could possibly be someone we have never heard of. I would be pretty surprised if Z and DB were the same person, although some guy on the Youtubes claims they were the same guy and that he was Alcatraz escapee Frank Morris.

You told me about Don's roommate before, right? That sounds very familiar, but I haven't slept good in a month so my memory is kinda shitty right now.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 8th 2017, 4:34 pm

No Don died a few yrs back, I have the date in my notes some place. I probably did mention about the room mate to you .I was just sent a email showing that a group of students in Pittsburgh PA are working cold cases and Zodiac is one of them. Apparently someone sent a printing sample of her fathers Christmas card and it is a close match to Zodiac's. 20 det. in Calif. got together to discuss this last Nov. The man is still living at the same place he did during the Z killings. He is living in northern Ca Wish I had more information about him!!!!! It isn't too much of a stretch that Zodiac is someones father/ grandfather/uncle/ brother.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 8th 2017, 8:52 pm

Oh, wow!! Is there any way we can find out the POI's name and if they were ever looked into?
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 9th 2017, 12:54 am

I wish we could get his name! I did write to two of the people in that group and asked for help.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 9th 2017, 8:31 pm

Hopefully someone is willing to share the name. I always love having new people to research!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts January 9th 2017, 11:23 pm

When I read the article I saw the word Oakland and the mention of northern Ca. I assumed that they were talking about Oakland Ca. I posted over at Zkiller.com and found out from a poster named drew, who said that Oakland is a part of Pittsburgh Pa. Why the heck would over two dozen detectives from Pittsburgh be so interested in the Calif. Zodiac case? I will send ophion the link and he can post here. I would like some feed back.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 10th 2017, 2:51 am

I just read the article... really interesting. Some douchebag in the comments is saying "Don Harden was Zodiac" and then goes on and on about how there is so much evidence against Harden. I tried to post a reply, but it said I had to be logged in. So I created an account and when I'm logged in it makes the comments disappear. Bummer, I wanted to tell that guy off because I hate when people state their opinions as facts. I wouldn't want to rip into the guy if he said "I THINK Harden was Zodiac" and then went on to give his reasons why, but he said "Don Harden was Zodiac." Yeah, yeah.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeydchicken March 13th 2017, 10:22 pm

Darlene Ferrin was a notorious jezebel who cuckolded her husband. The Mageau twins (a clue) actually fought over her to show how much of a whore she was.

She was killed ritualisticaly because of this.

Multiple individuals connected to the Z case also went to or are connected to Hogan High School. If one were triangulating connections you would be led there. Almost as if someone was operating out of that school. Or had access to it's records.

mickeydchicken

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 13th 2017, 10:53 pm

I was wondering when someone was going to use the word "whore." Haha!! I didn't want to be the one, but it is true. If any of the victims knew Zodiac, my money would be on Darlene. I think she made someone jealous and/or pissed someone off in the drug ring.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeydchicken March 13th 2017, 11:11 pm

There is an exact copycat of her murder, somewhere in the world. It is tremendously interesting. Almost exact.

mickeydchicken

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeydchicken March 13th 2017, 11:13 pm

And drugs are definitely a thing. I'm seeing more and more that there was a drug dealing connection to many many things. Many, many cases. Several of them famous.

mickeydchicken

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 14th 2017, 1:37 am

mickeydchicken wrote:There is an exact copycat of her murder, somewhere in the world.  It is tremendously interesting.  Almost exact.

Wait... what???

There was also some talk about drugs being involved in the murders of David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen. Apparently, David heard about some big drug deal and went around talking about it and naming names and that is why he and Betty Lou were killed. Not sure if there is any truth to that.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal March 14th 2017, 11:18 pm

mickey, what do you think about the idea of 'trial runs' being used by the zodiac or team zodiac or whatever you want to call it. I know there were some discussion in another thread somewhere but I wanted to get your thoughts on that since you said "There is an exact copycat of her murder, somewhere in the world."
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeydchicken March 15th 2017, 8:51 am

Unfortunately I don't believe there was a team zodiac per se.  What we're tracking is more of a group of cultists/satanists.  They were being led by a unique individual.  He seems to have been involved in CRIME period.  Gun running, insurance scams, and drugs et al.

A lot is happening however.  Apparently a busy year for my suspect.  He will be in two shows this year alone.  Find me in the suspect thread for the links.

Last edited by mickeydchicken on March 15th 2017, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

mickeydchicken

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 15th 2017, 9:32 pm

I didn't know he was into gun running, but that is one thing I look for... Not necessarily as a direct link to the Zodiac case, but for other things I have researched. It's hard to explain exactly what I mean by that, but not really a big deal either.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeydchicken March 18th 2017, 5:17 am

According to our theory, when all comes out, the public will become aware of a bold and unique character. Someone who hid in plain sight, was caught and let go multiple times by the police, and alibi'd out each time because he was setting up people to take the fall for him on murder charges whilst he was committing these other crimes.

This guy targeted individuals for the recognition. By that he would mean his legacy. He was interested in going down as one of the greatest "criminals" ever. What's being discovered is that he may have killed many luminaries and famous people. But no one knew at the time. He was literally getting away with murder.

mickeydchicken

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 March 18th 2017, 10:20 pm

Do you know if your suspect had any ties to the Minutemen? The gun running is makes me wonder that.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next