NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Oberbroeckling

2 posters

Go down

Paula Oberbroeckling Empty Paula Oberbroeckling

Post by ophion1031 November 30th 2017, 2:24 am

Paula Oberbroeckling (18) disappeared on July 11, 1970, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Her remains were found 4 months later by hikers. Police said the body was found draped around a steel pin in the ground, which in the past probably had been used as a power pole guy wire. Paula’s remains were in an advanced stage of decomposition. The skeleton was almost intact and there was no evidence on visual examination of traumatic injury. Paula’s wrists were tied behind her back. Her ankles were tied as well. Used were two types of flexible material: one appeared to be a plastic clothesline and the other a sort of cord.
ophion1031
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Paula Oberbroeckling Empty Re: Paula Oberbroeckling

Post by sandy betts December 3rd 2017, 3:47 pm

The possible positioning of Paula's body reminds me of the different animal corpses that are put at the Lake Herman rd crime scene area a few yrs ago. One was a racoon sitting on a post and pointing at the other corpse of a lamb, or something like one. The legs on the lamb were tied. This victim Paula of course being tied with a possible plastic clothes line, takes me back to Lake Berryessa and my missing white plastic clothes line . Are there any pictures of the clothes line so I can see if it looks the same as what was used at Lake B?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts December 3rd 2017, 4:14 pm

I did a search about her disappearance and saw how very pretty she was, like a model. She had an argument with her boyfriend Lonnie Bell that evening. She was one month pregnant. She also had a previous boyfriend, Robt Williams. If I had to guess who did it, it would be who ever the father was of her unborn baby. I have seen this happen many times when the young men don't want to take responsibility for a raising a child or paying for the child, they do actually get rid of both by killing the mother. The only evidence that they had to work with, was what was used to tie her up. Where did it come from? Was it used to strangle her? What throws me off a bit, is why was she tied? Usually in a argument, the victim is hit with something, then killed and left where it happened , but she was transported ,then perhaps killed near where she was found. She wasn't shot or stabbed.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 December 3rd 2017, 8:11 pm

I haven't found any photos of the clothesline, but I remembered you talking about yours going missing years ago and figured you would find this interesting. This doesn't seem like a Zodiac murder at all, the clothesline and the victim being tied up is the only reason I posted it.

I hadn't heard anything about the animals at Lake Herman Rd. I will have to do some reading about that now. Since I have been away for a while I have a lot to catch up on!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts December 3rd 2017, 11:30 pm

There isn't anything posted that I know about on the animals found at the crime scene. I think it was just myself and Zamantha that found them.Should have taken pictures of it.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 December 4th 2017, 1:29 am

Oh, ok. That is why I hadn't hear about it... pretty creepy to think about though!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts December 4th 2017, 9:27 am

I have a strong feeling that Zodiac returns to that site often. There have been lots of odd things found there. One that creep-ed Zamantha out,was a black piece of tape with the word "Betts" on it. It was an actual company I guess, because it wasn't like drawn on the tape. Sure it could have been a coincidence, but a strange one for sure.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 December 4th 2017, 10:51 pm

Holy crap. I highly doubt that is a coincidence!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts December 5th 2017, 8:17 am

I didn't think so either, but it is things like this that keep happening, that makes what I tell so hard to believe. Who could dream this stuff up? I have witnesses to some of it, like when I found the killing costume in my car, my neighbor Betty was with me and saw it. She also thought like I did, that it was just an early Halloween costume. I told Napa PD to go and ask her about it, but they never did as far as I know. Sadly she has since passed away.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum