NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The phone call to VPD

5 posters

Go down

The phone call to VPD Empty The phone call to VPD

Post by ZodeMode July 1st 2015, 12:09 am

On July 5th at 12.40 am, approximately 40 minutes after the attack, a call was received from a phone booth at the gas station of Springs Road and Tuolumne, close to Ferrin's home, where the assailant claimed responsibility for the attack at Blue Rock Springs Park and the previous Lake Herman Road murders. The police dispatcher who took the call in the early hours of July 5th 1969 was 26 year old Nancy Slover. She was to become one of only three people to speak directly to the Zodiac Killer and described his voice and tone, as though he was mocking and taunting her for shock value, claiming "it worked".

The caller spoke the following words in a monotone, rehearsed fashion, "I wish to report a double murder. If you will go one mile east on Columbus Parkway to a public park, you will find the kids in a brown car. They have been shot by a 9 mm Luger. I also killed those kids last year.... Good-bye". Despite claims by certain individuals, this call was never recorded, as police dispatcher Nancy Slover did not have the equipment at her disposal to record incoming calls at the time.
ZodeMode
ZodeMode
Admin

https://zodiackiller.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The phone call to VPD Empty Re: The phone call to VPD

Post by MandaSkunk March 7th 2016, 11:05 pm

Wasn't there also a call placed to Darlene's parents right around the same time?
MandaSkunk
MandaSkunk

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 28th 2016, 11:42 am

Yes there were calls to Darlene's parents home and to Dean Ferrin's parents home, as well as to Darlene's home on Virginia st. I believe ? The caller never spoke.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman March 28th 2016, 8:02 pm

That pretty much solves the debate whether or not Z knew Darlene.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 28th 2016, 10:54 pm

Rocketman wrote:That pretty much solves the debate whether or not Z knew Darlene.

That is what I say, but Darlene's sister Pam whom I know very well, told Tom V that the calls were all from her brother Leo. He was looking for drugs and was trying to find Darlene to get him some.
I personally do not believe that story, because she told me long before that, that Leo was arrested on that night for robing a liquor store.
If he was looking for Darlene, why wouldn't he ask for her then, instead of not saying a word ? Those calls came after midnight, did he think that Darlene would be answering Dean's parents phone ? I don't think so. I have absolutely no doubt that Zodiac knew Darlene very well.
I also think that he went with Darlene and Jim to the Virgin Islands and he was called "Honcho".
Find Honcho, I am 99 and 9-10ths percent sure that you will then find Zodiac.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester March 30th 2016, 11:28 pm

Wait.. who in "Honcho" or where does he come in to play? Sorry I'm lost.
JohnFester
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts March 31st 2016, 9:29 am

Honcho, was the guy who went with Jim and Darlene to NY and then to the Virgin Islands. Remember Darlene said she saw her stalker murder someone when she was in the Virgin Islands ? Did you know that Darlene and Jim were living in Rosemead Ca. when Cheri Jo was killed ? That is just a stones throw from Riverside. After they split up, Jim lived with someone in Mexico . I think that guy could have been Honcho? "Someone" was bringing gifts from Jim in Mexico to Darlene. At Lake B the killer said he was headed to "Mexico". Mexico came up a few times in Darlene's case. When ever something comes up a few times it should be looked at closely. My guy just happens to look Hispanic. I say we try and fine the guy who called himself "Honcho". (Meaning the Boss) or (Head Honcho )To me, that was someone who thought he was someone special, like Zodiac certainly did ?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester April 1st 2016, 6:15 pm

That's crazy I didn't know any of that. I need to study up on alot of things in the case that I have forgotten over the years or things I just never knew. There's alot to it.

Does Honcho have a connection to your suspect? I have always thought ALA was the best suspect and never cared for the theory of him working with others but I still entertain the idea because there is no proof against it. I wonder if ALA traveled to Mexico at any point. I don't remember ever reading that he had.
JohnFester
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts April 1st 2016, 10:49 pm

Allen Like to touch little girls, there was no evidence that he killed anyone. His handwriting wasn't a match, neither was his prints or DNA. I think he liked the attention he was getting and played with the police, but didn't think it would bite him in the a- -.
You asked if I think Honcho has a connection to my suspect ? I think that my suspect is Honcho ! The head honcho, aka boss man and the leader of the counterfeit / drug selling group that Darlene was involved in. I think that she wanted out and that was her death sentence .They couldn't trust her to keep quite, especially being she was going out with the cops. All of this is what I have concluded on what I knew was going on in Vallejo at that time and that the name Dee was brought up by one of the people I knew in that group. By my knowing something about it ,even though I didn't know very much, that could be the reason that there were attempts on my life?

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down