NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite suspect/POI

+10
Don Pseuym
WelshChappie
Metal Years
Sick E. Von Brutal
JohnFester
sandy betts
SAtAN cLAus
MandaSkunk
ophion1031
Rocketman
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is your favorite suspect or POI and why?

Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap19%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap12%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap8%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap4%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap15%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap4%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap0%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap8%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap0%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_lcap30%Your favorite suspect/POI Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 26

Your favorite suspect/POI Empty Your favorite suspect/POI

Post by Rocketman October 5th 2015, 8:36 pm

Who is your favorite suspect or POI and why?
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Your favorite suspect/POI Empty Re: Your favorite suspect/POI

Post by Rocketman October 5th 2015, 8:41 pm

I picked Ross Sullivan because he is a perfect fit to the Stine sketch, he can be placed at the RCC library and was prone to violence. I wish there were more info on the guy because that would shed light on certain things but so far he is the best looking suspect to me.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 January 13th 2016, 2:16 am

I voted "other" because I am just not sure I have a "favorite" suspect. I am convinced that Fred Manalli was the partner, but that doesn't exactly make him Zodiac so I didn't vote for him. The big question for me is... who was Manalli partners with?
ophion1031
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MandaSkunk March 7th 2016, 9:19 pm

ALA is probably the best suspect but I just can't get away from Manalli and his handwriting so I voted for him.
MandaSkunk
MandaSkunk

Back to top Go down

Post by SAtAN cLAus May 1st 2016, 9:10 pm

Bruce Davis
SAtAN cLAus
SAtAN cLAus

Back to top Go down

Post by SAtAN cLAus May 1st 2016, 9:10 pm

Your favorite suspect/POI Article-0-1C3E4C0000000578-113_306x423
SAtAN cLAus
SAtAN cLAus

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts May 3rd 2016, 10:46 pm

My favorite suspect has no name. I was told by the picture I took of my suspect that his name was Larry Kane. I believed that for yrs until Kane died and my guy was still very much alive. I got away from a man in Vallejo in 1968 and he is my suspect. I do still see him now and then. He is clever and knows police procedures.
He knows how to avoid being caught and what not to do. He like to play games with me , leaves notes in Z like printing and gives me clues to murders he claims to have committed. Names that never heard of. The most incriminating evidence I received was the killers costume from Lake Berryessa. That is why he is my favorite suspect. He has a friend who looked like Bruce Davis and Paul Stine.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 May 4th 2016, 12:23 am

If any of you are not familiar with Sandy's story or her suspect, check it out here:
https://zodiackiller.forumotion.com/t522-sandy-s-suspect
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnFester May 5th 2016, 3:09 am

There is a great deal to Sandy's story that cannot be posted for obvious reasons but those who are familiar know how interesting her suspect is.
JohnFester
JohnFester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal May 8th 2016, 8:36 pm

kane is my guy.
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy betts May 8th 2016, 11:52 pm

Kane is dead and Zodiac is still alive. His prints don't match Zodiac's. He is a good suspect in the Donna Lass case though.

sandy betts

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 May 10th 2016, 11:25 pm

Dammit I was writing a long post on this thread and then I got a call at work and while I was on the call, my internet explorer crashed. I hate this computer!!!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Years August 5th 2016, 12:34 am

I don't know who Z is. I doubt we'll ever know (I hope I'm wrong about that).
But with that being said, I've been reading postings on ZKS by someone named AK Wilks and they make some very good arguments (along with some good research) that Z is Ted "The Unabomber" Kaczynsky.
There's also some people out there that I'm very confident were NOT Z but O, how I wish they were: actor/politcian Ronald Reagan,singer Jim Morrison, and US Senator Rafael "Ted" Crud (R-TX).That last one has a REALLY GOOD alibi but is still alive and if he WAZ Z could still be brought to justice!

Metal Years

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 August 6th 2016, 8:09 pm

Metal Years wrote:I don't know who Z is. I doubt we'll ever know (I hope I'm wrong about that).
But with that being said, I've been reading postings on ZKS by someone named AK Wilks and they make some very good arguments (along with some good research) that Z is Ted "The Unabomber" Kaczynsky.
There's also some people out there that I'm very confident were NOT Z but O, how I wish they were: actor/politcian Ronald Reagan,singer Jim Morrison, and US Senator Rafael "Ted" Crud (R-TX).That last one has a REALLY GOOD alibi but is still alive and if he WAZ Z could still be brought to justice!

I hear ya. Short of a confession by someone, the odds of solving this thing are probably pretty slim. AK has done some great researcg on Ted K, and I do think he makes for a good suspect or at least a good "Zodiac team" member. His background with codes/ciphers and bombs alone make him a good suspect, but his handwriting looks like the "neat" Zodiac writing. What I mean by that is that Zodiac sometimes had his letters standing straight up and other times it would lean to the right. I think his straight up writing was probably what his real handwriting looked like. Some Z letters would start off that way and would eventually end up leaning to the right. The entire Belli letter was in the "neat" handwriting and I think that is because he had respect for Belli. Compare that neat writing to Kaczynski's and it looks very close. I still think Manalli wrote the letters, but Kaczynski is the other guy I think could have done it. And don't forget about Ted mailing letters to newspapers as well.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie October 2nd 2016, 1:58 pm

Now see I don't think the odds of solving this case are pretty slim We have that missing clue or elusive link etc. 

I can't tell You how many cold case Detectives I have heard say that the answer was there all along in an evidence storage box, someone just needed to go over all of it with a keen eye.  

There is only One reason Gary Ridgway is behind bars for life for being responsible for, and the man Detectives referred to, as 'The Green River Killer.' That One reason He is in prison is called Detective Dave Reichert.  Detective Reichert said "I was there, I pulled dead young girl after dead young girl out of that river at a rate of at least One A Month for over a year! I look into their eyes, these were girls not far off My daughters age and when the case went cold I promised These girls and Myself that if I ever find Myself promoted & can decide to reopen cases etc, He vowed The Green River Case would be immediately reopened and assigned active investigators. 

Decade or so later, Detective Reichert is elected as County Sheriff, and true to His word, He stated the very very first task He carried out as Newly elected Sheriff was to reopen and activate The Green River Case. DNA was found in the form of swabs in the evidence box that had been waiting for someome to come across and test with the now available technology. Five victims had DNA on or in them, and the Lab stated all five profiles found on Five seperate Women come from the same One Offender thus showing a pattern and strongly suggests it's the Killers DNA. Un-Sub DNA entered into CODIS & ran for potential hits and up flashed on computer screen: "MATCH FOUND. GARY LEON RIDGWAY" 

The rest is History. This case just needs something similar, someone who is in a professional position & who cares enough to remember Paul, Cecelia, Betty-Lou, David Faraday & Darlene Ferrin and never forgot that these 5 people are dead and their lives still matter now as they did back then!
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Years October 2nd 2016, 2:41 pm

Ophion, I've noticed about the "good" Z writing and agree with you. I think Ted K's writing is an excellent match. Fred Manalli's is pretty good too. IF Ted K is Z, I'm sure he acted alone. Because he was a loner and no Unabomber activity seemed to have any accomplices AFAIR.
I also think if Ted K is Z, that's our best hope of ever knowing for sure and that'll be after Ted passes on.
Welsh, great entry about GR. If someone in LE decides to get persistent about Z, who knows?
In my first entry on this thread, I wrote about how Ted K looks like a good Z suspect but in the actual survey, I voted for Ross Sullivan. I think he's a pretty good suspect, too.
I've got about 4 suspects I kind of put above the rest, with a couple of others getting honorable mention...
But right now I need StL to win and LA to come from behind and beat SF!!!!

Metal Years

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman October 2nd 2016, 8:56 pm

WelshChappie wrote:Now see I don't think the odds of solving this case are pretty slim We have that missing clue or elusive link etc. 

I can't tell You how many cold case Detectives I have heard say that the answer was there all along in an evidence storage box, someone just needed to go over all of it with a keen eye.  

There is only One reason Gary Ridgway is behind bars for life for being responsible for, and the man Detectives referred to, as 'The Green River Killer.' That One reason He is in prison is called Detective Dave Reichert.  Detective Reichert said "I was there, I pulled dead young girl after dead young girl out of that river at a rate of at least One A Month for over a year! I look into their eyes, these were girls not far off My daughters age and when the case went cold I promised These girls and Myself that if I ever find Myself promoted & can decide to reopen cases etc, He vowed The Green River Case would be immediately reopened and assigned active investigators. 

Decade or so later, Detective Reichert is elected as County Sheriff, and true to His word, He stated the very very first task He carried out as Newly elected Sheriff was to reopen and activate The Green River Case. DNA was found in the form of swabs in the evidence box that had been waiting for someome to come across and test with the now available technology. Five victims had DNA on or in them, and the Lab stated all five profiles found on Five seperate Women come from the same One Offender thus showing a pattern and strongly suggests it's the Killers DNA. Un-Sub DNA entered into CODIS & ran for potential hits and up flashed on computer screen: "MATCH FOUND. GARY LEON RIDGWAY" 

The rest is History. This case just needs something similar, someone who is in a professional position & who cares enough to remember Paul, Cecelia, Betty-Lou, David Faraday & Darlene Ferrin and never forgot that these 5 people are dead and their lives still matter now as they did back then!

The biggest problem with DNA is who's DNA do they actually have on file? Is it the Zodiac or did he have a partner lick the stamps and write/mail the letters? I think this is the case. But that might not be such a bad thing. If they can get a match to that then bingo, you got Zodiac's partner and are close to linking that partner to the actual killer. Fred Manalli's sister, from what I understand, has volunteered to submit to a DNA test to see if Fred's DNA is what they have on file. I don't know what it will take to move forward with this but I think it is critical because I personally feel that there is a 50% chance or better than Manalli's DNA will be a match. And if not then I still agree with you that there is someone out there that knows the truth and will come forward OR there is evidence that has been overlooked thus far that someone will discover or reevaluate.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketman October 2nd 2016, 9:09 pm

Metal Years wrote:Ophion, I've noticed about the "good" Z writing and agree with you. I think Ted K's writing is an excellent match. Fred Manalli's is pretty good too. IF Ted K is Z, I'm sure he acted alone. Because he was a loner and no Unabomber activity seemed to have any accomplices AFAIR.
I also think if Ted K is Z, that's our best hope of ever knowing for sure and that'll be after Ted passes on.
Welsh, great entry about GR. If someone in LE decides to get persistent about Z, who knows?
In my first entry on this thread, I wrote about how Ted K looks like a good Z suspect but in the actual survey, I voted for Ross Sullivan. I think he's a pretty good suspect, too.
I've got about 4 suspects I kind of put above the rest, with a couple of others getting honorable mention...
But right now I need StL to win and LA to come from behind and beat SF!!!!

People always say that Kaczynski couldn't be Z because he 'killed from a distance' with his bombs and they may be right but what if he WAS the Zodiac and was in hiding. He's probably not going to kill in the same way and risk being caught but still has the urge to kill so he mails bombs. I don't think that is true and I don't like Ted for Z but its not entirely out of the question. The handwriting is probably the biggest thing to look at and the bombs of course. I think if Ted WAS involved then he was writing the letters but the content of those letters don't seem to fit his personality so someone was probably telling him what to write and having him misspell words on purpose.

Sullivan is a good suspect in the Bates murder, probably the top Bates suspect actually, but I don't know about him being a good Z suspect. There are some pros but also some cons but it all comes down to there being little info about him. His whereabouts seem to be a mystery and that is a big deal. I know Ophion keeps mentioning about wanting to connect Manalli to ALA or Kane but what about a Manalli connection to Sullivan? They had a lot of the same interests so maybe they could have been friends. Sullivan didn't seem to have many friends and nobody really knows who he was running around with and Manalli seemed to being going through some big life changes - a divorce, weight increase, depression.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie October 3rd 2016, 1:44 am

Well The Uni-bomber was flushed out of Hiding by His own stupidity because He wrote His Manifesto and sent it to the Press saying if they published it He would Stop the Bombings which the press agreed to do. 

Ted, if My memory serves Me correct, had an IQ of upward of 160, I think He scored 168 which is in the highest classification of Genius.  So with that in mind, You would think He would know not to use many unique specific phrases that He used that were known and used by His Brother, too. The One I have never forgotten is He would always use the common metaphor of 'You can't have your cake and have it too' but reverse it by saying instead 'You can't eat your cake and have it too!'

Anyway, Ted's brother after reading the Uni-bombers manifesto several times said He tried to deny & ignore the truth He was sure of deep down that His own Brother was The Uni-bomber. 

He never said anything similar about the Letters authored by The Zodiac.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 October 3rd 2016, 3:31 am

Not to get off topic, but his Manifesto is proving to be true. Technology will be the downfall of mankind!

I think Ted's brother did the right thing turning Ted in because otherwise he would have kept mailing bombs and killing people. I'm sure it was not an easy choice for him to make, but he said that Ted had mental problems as far back as he could remember. And who knows how messed up he was after the MK Ultra experiments. Maybe the CIA had him do the bombings? Maybe, but I highly doubt it.

The content of the Zodiac letters, other than bomb diagrams and codes/ciphers, do not match Ted if you ask me. The handwriting though is pretty damn close. I still think that if Ted was involved in the Zodiac crimes then he was a behind-the-scenes guy and not present for any of the murders.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshChappie October 3rd 2016, 5:36 am

It's an easy choice I would say. If I was faced with Family/Blood Loyalty vs saving the lives of random & innocent victims then there is question I am turning My Brother in. Not because of any Legal Obligation, but A moral one. If I don't when I am aware & sure of Hes a serial Bomber then every victim & death from then on,  I Am, in Part, responsible because I could have c prevented their Deaths &chose not to which, to Me, would mean I would have their blood on My hands.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym October 3rd 2016, 9:32 am

I will go with the first real suspect - The Park Ranger at Yosemite
Bill curtis of Cold case Files stated this
A FBI file shows they looked into it excuding him because of hand writing and redacting his name

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 October 3rd 2016, 10:06 pm

WelshChappie wrote:It's an easy choice I would say. If I was faced with Family/Blood Loyalty vs saving the lives of random & innocent victims then there is question I am turning My Brother in. Not because of any Legal Obligation, but A moral one. If I don't when I am aware & sure of Hes a serial Bomber then every victim & death from then on,  I Am, in Part, responsible because I could have c prevented their Deaths &chose not to which, to Me, would mean I would have their blood on My hands.

Exactly. His brother made the right call, no doubt about it. I don't think he was even 100% sure, I think he just had a feeling it was Ted and that prompted him to contact the FBI.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 October 3rd 2016, 10:07 pm

Don Pseuym wrote:I will go with the first real suspect - The Park Ranger at Yosemite
Bill curtis of Cold case Files stated  this
A FBI file shows they looked into it excuding him because of hand writing and redacting his name

I wish there were more information on the park ranger. Do you know if we have a thread on the guy? I can't remember if we do or not.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym October 4th 2016, 2:07 pm

I kind of posted about it here ,not sure which thread ,but here is what I know
I first heard about it watching the Cold case Files zodiac episode
it was in the first part of the show he says "early on the FBI got a tip and thought they had their man , as park rangers at Yosemite reported one of their rangers was acting odd around the times of the attacks , sneaking onto trails stalking hikers and was a close resemblance to the napa composite .
I posted about it at Morf's site the 1st one in 2010 it was my 3rd? post there a bunch of senior membs said no never heard a thing like that , but Morf said No there was a mention of a park Ranger many times in the FBI files months later he posted a paragraph off the FBI file basicly saying the same thing , the name printed but blocked out , and 1 line saying he did not match on handwriting .
the CCF zodiac I see online vids do not have this P ranger part , ...Hmm sounds fishy no
it would be nice to have that FBI exert here

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next