NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Herman drug bust

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ZodeMode June 28th 2015, 10:27 pm

There has been some debate if this has any relevance on the Faraday-Jensen murders or not, but shortly before the murders, LE made a marijuana bust at a Hell's Angels cottage where they confiscated approximately 1.5 lbs of marijuana, which was a significant amount in those days.

David Faraday had earlier been in some sort of argument about marijuana, and David is told that there was going to be a party out on LHR that night. Worth noting is that some people think that Darlene Ferrin may have been mixed up with drug dealers, but that has never been proven.

This is all discussed, although not in much detail, on the 'This is the Zodiac Speaking' documentary on David Fincher's 'Zodiac' movie special features.

ZodeMode
ZodeMode
Admin

Posts : 199
Join date : 2015-05-31
Age : 48
Location : Los Angeles

https://zodiackiller.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by MandaSkunk March 7th 2016, 10:47 pm

I think I had seen a detailed police report on the incident but can't be sure. Has anyone else seen anything like that?
MandaSkunk
MandaSkunk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-23

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie December 20th 2016, 8:01 pm

The Hells Angles were nothing to do with the cottage and drug bust on Lake Herman Rd.

They (Cops) were dispatched to do a welfare check up on a gentleman and his truck out on LHR. Just as they were turning onto LHR, a priority dispatch came in sending them to a report of a fight at The Hells Angles Hangout on Warren Street.

After they dealt with that incident they got back in their car and were immediately notified of a double 187 (cop talk for double homicide,) on LHR.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie December 21st 2016, 1:15 am

Z wouldn't be so inconspicuous riding his Harley in a convoy of 30 'Angles' lol.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts December 31st 2016, 10:14 am

WelshChappie wrote:The Hells Angles were nothing to do with the cottage and drug bust on Lake Herman Rd.

They (Cops) were dispatched to do a welfare check up on a gentleman and his truck out on LHR. Just as they were turning onto LHR, a priority dispatch came in sending them to a report of a fight at The Hells Angles Hangout on Warren Street.

After they dealt with that incident they got back in their car and were immediately notified of a double 187 (cop talk for double homicide,) on LHR.

I hadn't heard about a gentleman and his truck on LHR. Do you have a name for him? There was some talk on another site that they felt the Hell's Angels were involved in the shooting at LHR. They would never do something like that , let alone talk in public about drugs.
I know for a fact that Darlene was involved in selling drugs and was laundering counterfeit money.I knew one of the people who was in that ring. I remember we went to a girls home in Vallejo named Dee , to pick something up or drop something off. I think that she may have wanted out of the counterfeit ring and they were afraid that she might talk, so she was killed. It had to be made to look random so that the police wouldn't investigate what she was into. They did not like that she bought a home using some of the money , they want their people to keep a low profile, so not to draw attention to the group. I believe that when Darlene told her mother that she would be in the newspaper, she planned on telling the police about the group. They got wind of that and had to shut her up. I also believe that Mike got a pretty good look at the shooter before being shot , when the man in the other car was parked at BRS, then left and came right back with his gun loaded. This same group killed Toni Anstey, who was taken from the Coronado Inn.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie December 31st 2016, 1:47 pm

Hi Sandy. 

 No idea who the man was/is with a truck out on LHR but He's mentioned by Russ Butterbach in the opening scenes of the Documentary 'This is the Zodiac Speaking'.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts December 31st 2016, 6:23 pm

Thanks WC, The guy in the blue truck liked to fish at Lake B, sort of interesting. But because one of the officers wondered if he was out by Lake Herman rd and knew that much about him. My guess is that he was also a officer. If not he would have been in one of the reports as a suspect I would think? The words Cecelia said about seeing Zodiac put his hood on, seems to prove what I have said for yrs now, that it was in two parts, one being the part that covered his head. That tells me he had already put the poncho part on before putting the hood on. I wish that I could get Hartnell to listen to the tapes I have of my suspects voice. That voice is how Hartnell and Nancy Slover said he sounded. No one talks like this man does. Or if he would tell me if Cecelia had on a watch with a thin gray leather band.That watch was left when the costume was put in my car.I believe it belonged to one of Zodiac's victims and being that he put the costume in my car , the watch could very well be hers.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by Rocketman December 31st 2016, 8:05 pm

I don't know where I read it, but I know I read that the cottage was a Hell's Angels hideout. I wonder if someone may have made that up or thought that and it kind of spread around and people thought it was fact when it really was not.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Posts : 909
Join date : 2015-09-14
Age : 57
Location : Toledo, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts December 31st 2016, 11:43 pm

It would have been a perfect club house, out in the middle of no where, but they don't usually have two places so close to each other. So I think you are correct in thinking it was like you say. Something I noticed in the video, was that when Benicia PD drove past the gate area, they didn't see a car parked there. Yet the shots were fired before they reached the Benicia PD and they turned around. I just don't see how that is possible, it isn't that far to the PD. I believe that they didn't see the car there because they were talking and missed seeing it. If you blink you can miss it and that is driving slower than they were probably driving. The car had to be there, others saw it there.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ophion1031 January 3rd 2017, 12:29 am

Trying to refresh my memory... did the police drive past the murder scene on their way to the cottage or they drove past it afterwards? I agree Sandy, they probably were talking and missed it or saw a car and just didn't pay any attention to it because it was nothing out of the ordinary.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Posts : 3929
Join date : 2015-06-01
Age : 43
Location : The Wastelands

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts January 3rd 2017, 1:02 am

That would be the road to take from Benicia to the cottage, so they must have driven past it on the way there and then again going back to Benicia. I don't think anyone knows for sure how long Betty Lou and David were parked there. If I had to guess I would think they were there at least by 10pm. Which means Benicia PD probably drove past them twice.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ophion1031 January 3rd 2017, 7:59 pm

If they did drive by them twice, or even just once, you can't really blame them for not seeing anything. It's dark there and it was a known 'makeout spot.' It still sucks they drobe past (probably) and saw nothing.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Posts : 3929
Join date : 2015-06-01
Age : 43
Location : The Wastelands

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts January 3rd 2017, 10:53 pm

In a video driving in the direction towards Benicia at night, the high beams would have shown a car there. But I do believe that they were looking in another direction when they went past David and Betty Lou. Zodiac could have been holding them at gun point as they drove past for all we know? He could have waited until he felt they were far enough away to start shooting. Although I think that if that were the case, Zodiac would have bragged about seeing a squad car drive past. ( He likes rubbing their noses in their boo boos)

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ophion1031 January 4th 2017, 8:07 pm

sandy betts wrote:In a video driving in the direction towards Benicia at night, the high beams would have shown a car there. But I do believe that they were looking in another direction when they went past David and Betty Lou. Zodiac could have been holding them at gun point as they drove past for all we know? He could have waited until he felt they were far enough away to start shooting. Although I think that if that were the case, Zodiac would have bragged about seeing a squad car drive past. ( He likes rubbing their noses in their boo boos)

Plus, they had just made a big drug bust so their minds were probably on that and I'm sure that is what they were talking about. Imagine if they had drove by right as Zodiac was pulling the trigger... a big drug bust AND a murder bust in the same night!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Posts : 3929
Join date : 2015-06-01
Age : 43
Location : The Wastelands

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts January 4th 2017, 8:22 pm

I wish that would have happened that they caught Zodiac in one of his first northern Ca killings. It would have saved so many lives.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal January 10th 2017, 2:25 am

sandy betts wrote:I wish that would have happened that they caught Zodiac in one of his first northern Ca killings. It would have saved so many lives.

yeah no kidding, but then again we would not be here if that was the case. not that im glad zodiac was never caught, what I meant was that a lot of people who research the case would have much different lives right now. sandy have you thought about how different your life would be? I ask you specifically because this has been a big part of your life for close to 50 years
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Posts : 720
Join date : 2016-04-09
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie January 12th 2017, 5:55 am

The Mystery of who Z was is compelling simply as a 'Who Dun it'  mystery, but it has the added extra ingredient of the individual responsible communicating and declaring He shall never be caught because He is too clever for them that seek to unmask Him. That in itself makes you want to prove Him wrong.  Then enter the Ciphers etc &  it's compelling. 

 However,  if anyone finds themselves drawn in to Zodiac's mythology,  a mythology He Himself began,  then just go to 8:45 of the documentary posted above to remind yourself the true,  not mythical,  Zodiac and what a coward He was.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ophion1031 January 14th 2017, 8:22 pm

WelshChappie wrote:The Mystery of who Z was is compelling simply as a 'Who Dun it'  mystery, but it has the added extra ingredient of the individual responsible communicating and declaring He shall never be caught because He is too clever for them that seek to unmask Him. That in itself makes you want to prove Him wrong.  Then enter the Ciphers etc &  it's compelling. 

 However,  if anyone finds themselves drawn in to Zodiac's mythology,  a mythology He Himself began,  then just go to 8:45 of the documentary posted above to remind yourself the true,  not mythical,  Zodiac and what a coward He was.

Agreed!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Posts : 3929
Join date : 2015-06-01
Age : 43
Location : The Wastelands

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by sandy betts February 12th 2017, 7:56 pm

I met with one of Betty Lou's friends who told me that there were two groups of Hell's Angels in Vallejo.I didn't know that I thought there was only one group on Warren st.

I will post about my meeting yesterday on Betty Lou and David's thread.

sandy betts

Posts : 398
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by ophion1031 February 12th 2017, 9:34 pm

Awesome, thanks! That could turn out to be interesting!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Posts : 3929
Join date : 2015-06-01
Age : 43
Location : The Wastelands

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie February 14th 2017, 5:02 am

The Hell's Angles and their possible involvement. . . I just can't see it unless they had an interest in the Cottage on LHR ie, they were cultivating Weed there.

But even then, if the murders of David & Betty were retaliation by the gang for mistakenly thinking they had informed on the gangs drug activity, either way, surely anyone who spots 1,2,3 or however many Hells Angles (even without their motorcycles) would notice and tell police that they observed 'Biker Types' out there?

Hell's Angles are not terribly difficult to identify. They are dressed in Black, riding Harley's, will usually have beards and have HELLS ANGLES written on their backs as a clue!
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by Rocketman February 14th 2017, 7:50 am

The only way I could see the Hells Angels involved would maybe be in relation to Darlene Ferrin and her extracurricular activities. I don't think they would have had anything to do with the Faraday/Jensen murders.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Posts : 909
Join date : 2015-09-14
Age : 57
Location : Toledo, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie February 14th 2017, 10:59 am

Dee was said to be 'friendly' with more than one cop and that itself may be dangerous not just because criminal outsiders may wonder what she is telling them but She has also got to worry about that cop who is bent.

If Dee is informing on person or persons unknown for their criminal activities and the cop she's giving the information to is in bed with that element of criminality She is giving information on then Dee has signed her own death warrant.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by WelshChappie February 14th 2017, 11:06 am

If You turned States evidence against the Gambino FCrime Family in return for the promise of protection then you have to trust with you life the men tasked with your safety.

It's useless being in the Witness Protection Programe if your FBI Agent handling your new identity and location is a Mob Associate and on their payoll.
WelshChappie
WelshChappie

Posts : 708
Join date : 2016-02-28
Age : 38
Location : NEWPORT, WALES

https://welshchappie.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by Rocketman February 18th 2017, 11:14 pm

WelshChappie wrote:If You turned States evidence against the Gambino FCrime Family in return for the promise of protection then you have to trust with you life the men tasked with your safety.

It's useless being in the Witness Protection Programe if your FBI Agent handling your new identity and location is a Mob Associate and on their payoll.

Not only that but I wouldn't put my life in their hands even if there was not the mob factor. Screw that, I would just disappear and take my chances hiding on my own.
Rocketman
Rocketman

Posts : 909
Join date : 2015-09-14
Age : 57
Location : Toledo, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Lake Herman drug bust Empty Re: Lake Herman drug bust

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum