NOW LOCATED AT https://theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 2017 NFL Mock Draft (5 rounds)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My 2017 NFL Mock Draft (5 rounds) Empty My 2017 NFL Mock Draft (5 rounds)

Post by ophion1031 April 18th 2017, 2:09 am

This is why I haven't been posting on the site much lately. Been putting a ton of time into my mock draft. I finished it up tonight and did the full 7 rounds of the draft, but this fucking computer fucked up and I ended up losing some of rounds 6 and 7. I didn't want to spend any more time on this thing, so I just got rid of rounds 6 and 7 and made it a 5 round mock draft. I think it's pretty damn good, but the draft is pretty unpredictable and there will be plenty of trades that are impossible to anticipate. I'm sure this thing could be picked apart and people will give me shit for only having two QB's in the 1st round and one QB in the 2nd round, but I just don't see too many QB's in this draft being successful at that level. Anyways, here is my 5 round draft.....

ROUND ONE
1. Browns: Myles Garrett (DE, Texas A&M) ***got this pick correct***
2. 49ers: Solomon Thomas (DE, Stanford) ***got this pick correct but he was the #3 pick to the 49ers instead of the #2 pick***
3. Bears: Jamal Adams (S, LSU) ***#6 pick of 1st round by the Jets***
4. Jaguars: Leonard Fournette (RB, LSU) ***got this pick correct***
5. Titans: Marshon Lattimore (CB, Ohio St.) ***#11 pick of 1st round by the Saints***
6. Jets: Mitch Trubisky (QB, North Carolina) ***#2 pick of 1st round by the Bears***
7. Chargers: Malik Hooker (S, Ohio St.) ***#15 pick of 1st round by the Colts***
8. Panthers: Christian McCaffrey (RB, Stanford) ***got this pick correct***
9. Bengals: Jonathan Allen (DE/DT, Alabama) ***#17 pick in 1st round by the Redskins***
10. Bills: Mike Williams (WR, Clemson) ***#7 pick of 1st round by the Chargers***
11. Saints: Marlon Humphrey (CB, Alabama) ***#16 pick of 1st round by the Ravens***
12. Browns: O.J. Howard (TE, Alabama) ***#19 pick of the 1st round by the Bucs***
13. Cardinals: Reuben Foster (MLB, Alabama) ***#31 pick of the 1st round by the 49ers***
14. Eagles: Tre'Davious White (CB, LSU)  ***#27 pick of the 1st round by the Bills***
15. Colts: Derek Barnett (DE, Tennessee) ***#14 pick of the 1st round by the Eagles***
16. Ravens: Corey Davis (WR, W. Michigan) ***#5 pick of the 1st round by the Titans***
17. Redskins: Jabrill Peppers (S, Michigan) ***#25 pick of the 1st round by the Browns***
18. Titans: John Ross (WR, Washington) ***#9 pick of the 1st round by the Bengals***
19. Bucs: Dalvin Cook (RB, Florida St.) ***#9 pick of the 2nd round by the Vikings. SKOL!!!***
20. Broncos: Garrett Bolles (OT, Utah) ***got this pick correct***
21. Lions: Haason Reddick (OLB, Temple) ***#13 pick of the 1st round by the Cardinals***
22. Dolphins: Forrest Lamp (G, W. Kentucky) ***#6 pick of the 2nd round by the Chargers***
23. Giants: David Njoku (TE, Miami) ***#29 pick of the 1st round by the Browns***
24. Raiders: Jarrad Davis (MLB, Florida) ***#21 pick of the 1st round by the Lions***
25. Texans: Ryan Ramczyk (OT, Wisconsin) ***#32 pick of the 1st round by the Saints***
26. Seahawks: Cam Robinson (OT, Alabama) ***#2 pick of the 2nd round by the Jaguars***
27. Chiefs: Deshaun Watson (QB, Clemson) ***#12 pick of the 1st round by the Texans***
28. Cowboys: Charles Harris (OLB/DE, Missouri) ***#22 pick of the 1st round by the Dolphins***
29. Packers: T.J. Watt (OLB, Wisconsin) ***#30 pick of the 1st round by the Steelers***
30. Steelers: Takkarist McKinley (OLB, UCLA) ***#26 pick of the 1st round by the Falcons***
31. Falcons: Taco Charlton (DE, Michigan) ***#28 pick of the 1st round by the Cowboys***
32. Saints: Carl Lawson (DE, Auburn) ***#9 pick of the 4th round by the Bengals***

28 of the players I had going in the 1st round did go in the first round. 3 of them went in the 2nd round and Carl Lawson went in the 4th round.

ROUND TWO
1. Browns: Budda Baker (CB/S, Washington) ***#4 pick of the 2nd round by the Cardinals***
2. 49ers: Davis Webb (QB, California) ***#23 pick of the 3rd round by the Giants***
3. Jaguars: Evan Engram (TE, Ole Miss) ***#23 pick of the 1st round by the Giants***
4. Bears: Zach Cunningham (OLB, Vanderbilt) ***#25 pick of the 2nd round by the Texans***
5. Rams: Taylor Moton (OT, W. Michigan) ***#32 pick of the 2nd round by the Panthers***
6. Chargers: Malik McDowell (DT, Michigan St.) ***#3 pick of the 2nd round by the Seahawks***
7. Jets: Chidobe Awuzie (CB, Colorado) ***#28 pick of the 2nd round by the Cowboys***
8. Panthers: Dorian Johnson (G, Pitt) ***#8 pick of the 4th round by the Cardinals***
9. Bengals: Marcus Maye (S, Florida) ***#7 pick of the 2nd round by the Jets***
10. Saints: Curtis Samuel (WR, Ohio St.) ***#8 pick of the 2nd round by the Panthers***
11. Eagles: Alvin Kamara (RB, Tennessee) ***#3 pick of the 3rd round by the Saints***
12. Bills: Roderick Johnson (OT, Florida St.) ***#16 pick of the 5th round by the Browns***
13. Cardinals: Quincy Wilson (CB, Florida) ***#14 pick of the 2nd round by the Colts***
14. Colts: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy) ***#21 pick of the 3rd round by the Patriots***
15. Ravens: Tim Williams (OLB, Alabama) ******got this pick correct but the Ravens selected him in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd***
16. Vikings: Dan Feeney (OG, Indiana) ***#7 pick of the 3rd round by the Chargers***
17. Redskins: Joe Mixon (RB, Oklahoma) ***#16 pick of the 2nd round by the Bengals***
18. Bucs: Gareon Conley (CB, Ohio St.) ***#24 pick of the 1st round by the Raiders***
19. Broncos: DeMarcus Walker (DE, Florida St.) ***got this pick correct***
20. Browns: Obi Melifonwu (S, UCONN) ***#24 pick of the 2nd round by the Raiders***
21. Lions: Adam Shaheen (TE, Ashland) ***#13 pick of the 2nd round by the Bears***
22. Dolphins: Kevin King (CB, LSU) ***#1 pick of the 2nd round by the Packers***
23. Giants: Julie'n Davenport (OT, Bucknell) ***#24 pick of the 4th round by the Texans***
24. Raiders: Chris Wormley (DT, Michigan) ***#10 pick of the 3rd round by the Ravens***
25. Texans: Raekwon McMillon (LB, Ohio St.) ***#22 pick of the 2nd round by the Dolphins***
26. Seahawks: Caleb Brantley (DT, Florida) ***#1 pick of the 6th round by the Browns***
27. Chiefs: Teez Tabor (CB, Florida) ***#21 pick of the 2nd round by the Lions***
28. Cowboys: Adoree' Jackson (CB, USC) ***#18 pick of the 1st round by the Titans***
29. Packers: Cordrea Tankersley (CB, Clemson) ***#33 pick of the 3rd round by the Dolphins***
30. Steelers: Chris Godwin (WR, Penn St.) ***#20 pick of the 3rd round by the Bucs***
31. Falcons: Dion Dawkins (G, Temple) ***#31 pick of the 2nd round by the Bills*** he went where I said he would go but to the wrong team.
32. Panthers: Alex Anzalone (OLB, Florida) ***#12 pick of the 3rd round by the Saints***

ROUND THREE
1. Browns: DeShone Kizer (QB, Notre Dame) ***got this pick correct but the Browns took him in the 2nd round instead of the 3rd***
2. 49ers: Kendall Beckwith (MLB, LSU) ***#43 pick of the 3rd round by the Bucs***
3. Bears: Adam Bisnowaty (OT, Pitt) ***#16 pick of round 6 by the Giants***
4. Jaguars: Dalvin Tomlinson (DT, Alabama) ***#23 pick of the 2nd round by the Giants***
5. Rams: Pat Elflein (C, Ohio St.) ***#6 pick of the 3rd round by the Vikings. SKOL!!!***
6. Jets: Ryan Anderson (OLB, Alabama) ***#17 pick of the 2nd round by the Redskins***
7. Chargers: Nathan Peterman (QB, Pitt) ***#28 pick of round 5 by the Bills***
8. Patriots: Tyus Bowser (OLB, Houston) ***#15 pick of round 2 by the Ravens***
9. Bengals: JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR, USC) ***#30 pick of round 2 by the Steelers***
10. Eagles: Zay Jones (WR, E. Carolina) ***#5 pick of round 2 by the Bills***
11. Bills: Patrick Mahomes II (QB, Texas Tech) ***#10 pick of the 1st round by the Chiefs***
12. Saints: Anthony Walker Jr. (MLB, Northwestern) ***#17 pick of the 5th round by the Saints***
13. Cardinals: Brad Kaaya (QB, Miami) ***#32 pick of the 6th round by the Lions***
14. Ravens: Sidney Jones (CB, Washington) ***#11 pick of the 2nd round by the Eagles***
15. Vikings: Jaleel Johnson (DT, Iowa) ***got this pick correct but the Vikings took him in the 4th round instead of the 3rd. SKOL!!!***
16. Colts: D'Onta Foreman (RB, Texas) ***#25 pick of the 3rd round by the Texans***
17. Redskins: Isaac Asiata (G, Utah) ***#20 pick of the 5th round by the Dolphins***
18. Broncos: J.J. Dielman (OT, Utah) ***#33 pick of round 5 by the Bengals***
19. Titans: Howard Wilson (CB, Houston) ***20th pick of round 4 by the Browns***
20. Bucs: Desmond King (CB/S, Iowa) ***#7 pick of round 5 by the Chargers***
21. Lions: Cooper Kupp (WR, E. Washington) ***#5 pick of round 3 by the Rams***
22. Vikings: Marlon Mack (RB, USF) ***#37 pick of the 4th round by the Colts***
23. Giants: Wayne Gallman (RB, Clemson) ***got this pick correct but the Giants took him with the 34th pick in the 4th round instead of the 23rd***
24. Raiders: Fabian Moreau (CB, UCLA) ***#17 pick of the 3rd round by the Redskins***
25. Texans: Eddie Jackson (S, Alabama) ***#5 pick of the 4th round by the Bears***
26. Seahawks: Jourdan Lewis (CB, Michigan) ***#28 pick of round 3 by the Cowboys***
27. Chiefs: Jordan Willis (DE, Kansas St.) ***#9 pick of round 3 by the Bengals***
28. Cowboys: Justin Evans (S, Texas A&M) ***#18 pick of round 2 by the Bucs***
29. Packers: Danny Isidora (G, Miami) ***#37 pick of round 5 by the Vikings. SKOL!!!***
30. Steelers: Kareem Hunt (RB, Toledo) ***#22 pick of round 3 by the Chiefs***
31. Falcons: Montravius Adams (DT, Auburn) ***#29 pick of round 3 by the Packers***
32. Patriots: Jake Butt (TE, Michigan) ***#1 pick of round 5 by the Broncos***
33. Dolphins: Jordan Leggett (TE, Clemson) ***#6 pick of round 5 by the Jets***
34. Panthers: Tarell Basham (DE, Ohio) ***#16 pick of round 3 by the Colts***
35. Ravens: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma) ***#7 pick of round 4 by the Redskins***
36. Titans: Connor Harris (MLB, Lindenwood) ***Signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent***
37. Broncos: Ben Gedeon (MLB, Michigan) ***#14 pick of round 4 by the Vikings. SKOL!!!***
38. Seahawks: ArDarius Stewart (WR, Alabama) ***#15 pick of round 3 by the Jets***
39. Saints: George Kittle (TE, Iowa) ***#2 pick of round 5 by the 49ers***
40. Chiefs: Amara Darboh (WR, Michigan) ***#42 pick of round 3 by the Seahawks***
41. Steelers: Marcus Sanders-Williams (S, Utah) ***#10 pick of round 2 by the Saints***
42. Seahawks: Derek Rivers (DE, Youngstown St.) #19 pick of round 3 by the Patriots***
43. Jets: Johnathan Ford (S, Auburn) ***#24 pick of round 6 by the Cardinals***

ROUND FOUR
1. Browns: Elijah Qualls (DT, Washington) ***#31 pick of round 6 by the Eagles***
2. 49ers: Nico Siragusa (G, San Diego St.) ***#16 pick of round 4 by the Ravens***
3. Jaguars: Josh Jones (S, NC St.) ***#29 pick of round 2 by the Packers***
4. Bears: Jalen Myrick (CB, Minnesota) ***#4 pick of round 7 by the Jaguars***
5. Rams: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado) ***#2 pick of round 3 by the 49ers***
6. Chargers: Carlos Henderson (WR, LA Tech) ***#18 pick of round 3 by the Broncos***
7. Redskins: Taywan Taylor (WR, W. Kentucky) ***#8 pick of round 3 by the Titans***
8. Panthers: Cameron Sutton (CB, Tennessee) ***#30 pick of round 3 by the Steelers***
9. Bengals: Will Holden (OT, Vanderbilt) ***#13 pick of round 5 by Cardinals***
10. Bears: Gerald Everett (TE, S. Alabama) ***#12 pick of round 2 by the Rams***
11. Eagles: Daeshon Hall (DE, Texas A&M) ***#13 pick of round 3 by the Panthers***
12. Cardinals: Lorenzo Jerome (S, St. Francis PA.) ***signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent***
13. Vikings: Dede Westbrook (WR, Oklahoma) ***#3 pick of round 4 by the Jaguars***
14. Colts: Larry Ogunjobi (DT, Charlotte) ***#1 pick of round 3 by the Browns***
15. Ravens: Ahmad Thomas (S, Oklahoma) ***signed with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent***
16. Redskins: Blair Brown (MLB, Ohio) ***#4 pick of round 5 by the Jaguars***
17. Titans: Marquel Lee (OLB, Wake Forest) ***#24 pick of round 5 by the Raiders***
18. Bucs: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova) ***#27 pick of round 2 by the Chiefs***
19. Broncos: Damontae Kazee (CB, San Diego St.) ***#5 pick of round 5 by the Falcons***
20. Lions: Trey Hendrickson (DE, FAU) ***#39 pick of round 3 by the Saints***
21. Vikings: Chad Wheeler (OT, USC) ***singed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent***
22. Raiders: Conor McDermott (OT, UCLA) ***#28 pick of round 6 by the Patriots***
23. Texans: Duke Riley (OLB, LSU) ***#11 pick of round 3 by the Falcons***
24. Patriots: James Conner (RB, Pitt) ***#41 pick of round 3 by the Steelers***
25. Chiefs: Josh Harvey-Clemons (S, Louisville) ***#12 pick of round 7 by the Redskins***
26. Cowboys: Jonnu Smith (TE, FIU) ***#36 pick of round 3 by the Titans***
27. Packers: Corey Clement (RB, Wisconsin) ***signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent***
28. Steelers: Bucky Hodges (TE, Virginia Tech) ***#17 pick of round 6 by the Vikings. SKOL!!!***
29. Falcons: Cole Hikutini (TE, Louisville) ***signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent***
30. Colts: Shaquill Griffin (CB, UCF) ***26th pick of round 3 by the Seahawks***
31. Bengals: Brian Allen (CB, Utah) ***30th pick of round 5 by the Steelers***
32. Eagles: Zach Banner (G, USC) ***#31 pick of round 4 by the Colts***
33. Giants: Vincent Taylor (DT, Oklahoma St.) ***#10 pick of round 6 by the Dolphins***
34. Rams: Isaiah Ford (WR, Virginia Tech) ***#19 pick of round 7 by the Dolphins***
35. Texans: Davon Godchaux (DT, LSU) ***#35 pick of round 5 by the Dolphins***
36. 49ers: Vince Biegel (OLB, Wisconsin) ***#1 pick of round 4 by the Packers***
37. Colts: Eric Saubert (TE, Drake) ***#31 pick of round 5 by the Falcons***

ROUND FIVE
1. Browns: Donnel Pumphrey (RB, San Diego St.) ***#26 pick of round 4 by the Eagles***
2. 49ers: Storm Norton (OT, Toledo) ***signed with the Lions as an undrafted free agent***
3. Bears: Jessamen Dunker (G, Tennessee St.) ***signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent***
4. Jaguars: Sam Tevi (OT, Utah) ***#6 pick of round 6 by the Chargers***
5. Rams: Rayshawn Jenkins (S, Miami) ***#6 pick of round 4 by the Chargers***
6. Jets: Ricky Seals-Jones (WR/TE, Texas A&M) ***signed with the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent***
7. Chargers: Ethan Pocic (C, LSU) ***#26 pick of round 2 by the Seahawks***
8. Panthers: Erik Magnuson (OT, Michigan) ***signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent***
9. Bengals: Carlos Watkins (DT, Clemson) ***#36 pick of round 4 by the Texans***
10. Redskins: Deatrich Wise Jr. (DE, Arkansas) ***#25 pick of round 4 by the Patriots***
11. Eagles: Devonte Fields (OLB, Louisville) ***Undrafted. Has not signed with a team***
12. Bills: Jadar Johnson (S, Clemson) ***signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent***
13. Cardinals: Nazair Jones (DT, North Carolina) ***#38 pick of round 3 by the Seahawks***
14. Colts: Jayon Brown (OLB, UCLA) ***#11 pick of round 5 by the Titans***
15. Ravens: Jordan Morgan (G, Kutztown) ***#3 pick of round 5 by the Bears***
16. Vikings: Elijah Lee (LB, Kansas St.) ***got this pick correct but the Vikings took him in the 7th round instead of the 5th. SKOL!!!***
17. 49ers: Chad Hansen (WR, California) ***#35 pick of round 4 by the Jets***
18. Bucs: Tanzel Smart (DT, Tulane) ***#5 pick of round 6 by the Rams***
19. Patriots: Artavis Scott (WR, Clemson) ***signed with the Chargers as an undrafted free agent***
20. Titans: Delano Hill (S, Michigan) ***#31 pick of round 3 by the Seahawks***
21. Lions: Fish Smithson (S, Kansas) ***signed with the Redskins as an undrafted free agent***
22. Dolphins: Jordan Evans (OLB, Oklahoma) ***#9 pick of round 6 by the Bengals***
23. Giants: Jeremy Cutrer (CB, MTSU) ***signed with the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent***
24. Raiders: Noah Brown (WR, Ohio St.) ***#21 pick of round 7 by the Cowboys***
25. Texans: C.J. Beathard (QB, Iowa) ***#40 pick of round 3 by the 49ers***
26. Chiefs: Hardy Nickerson (MLB, Illinois) ***signed with the Bengals as an undrafted free agent***
27. Bills: Corn Elder (CB, Miami) ***pick #8 of round 5 by the Panthers***
28. Packers: Dawuane Smoot (DE, Illinois) ***#4 pick of round 3 by the Jaguars***
29. Steelers: Joshua Dobbs (QB, Tennessee) ***got this pick correct but the Steelers took him in the 4th round instead of the 5th***
30. Falcons: Sean Harlow (G, Oregon St.) ***got this pick correct but the Steelers took him in the 4th round instead of the 5th***
31. Browns: David Sharpe (OT, Florida) ***#23 pick of round 4 by the Raiders***
32. Bengals: Carroll Phillips (OLB, Illinois) ***signed with the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent***
33. Broncos: Jeremy Sprinkle (TE, Arkansas) ***#10 pick of round 5 by the Redskins***
34. Dolphins: Jordan Sterns (S, Oklahoma St.) ***signed with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent***
35. Cardinals: Jerry Ugokwe (OT, William & Mary) ***signed with the Colts as an undrafted free agent***
36. Chiefs: Cole Croston (OT/G, Iowa) ***signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent***
37. Browns: Tyler Orlosky (C, W. Virginia) ***signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent***
38. Packers: Jalen Reeves-Maybin (OLB, Tennessee) ***#18 pick of round 4 by the Lions***
39. Patriots: Hunter Dimick (DE, Utah) ***signed with the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent***
40. Dolphins: Malachi Dupre (WR, LSU) ***#29 pick of round 7 by the Packers***

Last edited by ophion1031 on April 29th 2017, 11:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
ophion1031
ophion1031

http://www.ophion1031.com

Back to top Go down

My 2017 NFL Mock Draft (5 rounds) Empty Re: My 2017 NFL Mock Draft (5 rounds)

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal April 19th 2017, 7:59 pm

this is better than any of the 'expert' mock drafts I have seen but the only complaint I would make is that you have the QB's other than trubisky going too late. I agree that h will go #6 to the jets and you do have Watson going in round 1 but I think mahomes will go round 1 also and kizer will go round 2
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal April 19th 2017, 8:00 pm

also don't think davis webb will go ahead of kizer and mahomes
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym April 20th 2017, 7:25 am

Yes thats an impressive list
I dont know about this Watson QB
Was he rejected by another pro team ( SF is the best) and has a weak arm ? If so he's in

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Years April 21st 2017, 7:40 am

I thought about joining Ophion's proposed Zsearch fantasy football league (I call Team: Unabombers!) when he mentioned it awhile back. I never said "no," I said "maybe." I'm invited every year to join at least two by co-workers and I always politely decline. After reading these well-thought-out and researched posts y'all did. FUCK NO! Thanks, tho'. You guys (I'm pretty sure this thread is all men) would LITERALLY consume my noon meal and make me thank ya for the privilege. If you'd prefer to not receive a major ass-whupping. perhaps you should stay out of the conflict. I'll continue to read and weigh in on what y'all are doing, I'm pretty sure.
Typing of football, I got some thoughts on this Aaron Hernandez thing that I might share on here soon. Yesterday, I sort of realized I've been spending more time than usual on this board (and it's been a pleasure!). So maybe I won't weigh in on that situation.
Typing of sport: OK, I was very optimistic for most of the season. I KNEW they'd make the playoffs and wouldn't face the Oakland Five (or 14, whatevs) in the first series. I was hoping it'd be Z-Bo & Boys in Beale Street Blue upsetting the Bearded Buttmunch and his co-workers. The last couple of weeks of the season were not what I'd hoped, but it's not the end of the world. After the regular season ended, I consoled myself with the belief that the disliked-but-respected San Asstonio Spurms would probably take the series, but in more than four games and it wouldn't be easy for 'em. I tried to sucker one of the 'tards at work into betting $20 on it. Surprisingly (this is America's stupid belt), no takers this year. I don't know what's going to happen the rest of the way. My fave NBA team still has a better shot than y'all think. Just being realistic. I prefer pleasant surprizes than sneak-attack sodomizations. Yea, I voted this past November and I'm not happy how that went. Anyways, last night in the Grindhouse. G-Pop's crew was made into bitches and I fucking love it. One of the Gasol brothers is happy for the other, I guess. Last night, a first-year coach's team beat the best coach in NBA history's team and it fucking ruled!!! Coach D-Fiz? GREAT job in your first year of the opportunity, sir. Thank you and welcome to Tennessee's REAL Music City.
Cheers!

Metal Years

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 22nd 2017, 9:59 pm

Don Pseuym wrote:Yes thats an impressive list
I dont know about this Watson QB
Was he rejected by another pro team ( SF is the best) and has a weak arm ? If so he's in

Watson was a great college QB, but that doesn't always translate to the NFL. I think he will be pretty good if he goes to a team like KC where he can be a backup for a year or two and learn the system rather than going to a team where he will be thrown to the wolves right away. This years QB group in the draft is pretty weak. Watson could end up going to a number of teams in round 1, but I would love to see him in KC where he could backup Alex Smith for a bit. Houston might be a good option. They are desperate for a QB and they have some targets and a decent offensive line, so I could see him being successful there. A lot of the "experts" have Mahomes out of Texas Tech as a 1st rounder and I just don't see it. He has a cannon for an arm, but in college he just chucked up a hail mary half the time. That won't work in the NFL!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 22nd 2017, 10:03 pm

Metal Years wrote:I thought about joining Ophion's proposed Zsearch fantasy football league (I call Team: Unabombers!) when he mentioned it awhile back. I never said "no," I said "maybe." I'm invited every year to join at least two by co-workers and I always politely decline. After reading these well-thought-out and researched posts y'all did. FUCK NO! Thanks, tho'. You guys (I'm pretty sure this thread is all men) would LITERALLY consume my noon meal and make me thank ya for the privilege. If you'd prefer to not receive a major ass-whupping. perhaps you should stay out of the conflict. I'll continue to read and weigh in on what y'all are doing, I'm pretty sure.
Typing of football, I got some thoughts on this Aaron Hernandez thing that I might share on here soon. Yesterday, I sort of realized I've been spending more time than usual on this board (and it's been a pleasure!). So maybe I won't weigh in on that situation.
Typing of sport: OK, I was very optimistic for most of the season. I KNEW they'd make the playoffs and wouldn't face the Oakland Five (or 14, whatevs) in the first series. I was hoping it'd be Z-Bo & Boys in Beale Street Blue upsetting the Bearded Buttmunch and his co-workers. The last couple of weeks of the season were not what I'd hoped, but it's not the end of the world. After the regular season ended, I consoled myself with the belief that the disliked-but-respected San Asstonio Spurms would probably take the series, but in more than four games and it wouldn't be easy for 'em. I tried to sucker one of the 'tards at work into betting $20 on it. Surprisingly (this is America's stupid belt), no takers this year. I don't know what's going to happen the rest of the way. My fave NBA team still has a better shot than y'all think. Just being realistic. I prefer pleasant surprizes than sneak-attack sodomizations. Yea, I voted this past November and I'm not happy how that went. Anyways, last night in the Grindhouse. G-Pop's crew was made into bitches and I fucking love it. One of the Gasol brothers is happy for the other, I guess. Last night, a first-year coach's team beat the best coach in NBA history's team and it fucking ruled!!! Coach D-Fiz? GREAT job in your first year of the opportunity, sir. Thank you and welcome to Tennessee's REAL Music City.
Cheers!

We probably won't have enough people to do a fantasy league, I'm guessing. That's cool though, I am in a league with a bunch of friends every year and it is extremely competitive. But I have the master strategy!! Lol.

Who do you got in the NBA Finals? I got a rematch between Cleveland and Golden State. I don't really like or dislike either team, but I am hoping to see Da Bulls make it somehow.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Years April 23rd 2017, 1:36 am

I'm not that into basketball that doesn't involve my favorite team, The Grizzlies.
I'll watch (listen, whatevs) to as much Memphis as I can. If someone beats the Grizz (and MAYBE nobody will this year!) I'll watch that team until they lose, which will make me smile some. Then I'm done. So I hope this year's winner is an Eastern Conference team UNLESS their opponent is Memphis. No predictions from me, really.
BUT tonight the Grizz pulled out a thriller in OT to knot the SA series at 2 and I'm kind of excited. ALL RIGHT, MEMPHIS!!!!

Metal Years

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 23rd 2017, 1:54 am

I'm the same way. I might watch a couple of Bulls games during the regular season, especially since Hoiberg is the coach now because I want to keep an eye on how he is doing as an NBA coach.

I like Memphis. If I weren't a Bulls fan, I could see myself being a Grizzlies fan.

I prefer college basketball. Always have. NBA is just too weird for me nowadays. It's like street ball almost. Hell, there was over 300 combined points scored in this year's All-Star game. That is something I always point out during the good ol' "Jordan vs LeBron" debate... they actually played defense in Jordan's day.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal April 23rd 2017, 11:07 pm

cant wait until thrusday!!!
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 24th 2017, 12:44 am

Eric X wrote:cant wait until thrusday!!!

Same here, even though the Vikings don't have a first round pick. I am wondering if they are going to trade into the first round. Since they signed Case Keenum, I think maybe they will be looking to trade Bridgewater. It makes sense because Teddy has proven he is a good NFL QB, and they don't need him now that they have Bradford. So why not trade Bridgewater and a 3rd or 4th round pick for a 1st rounder? It makes perfect sense to me given that the draft class at QB is weak and there are some teams out there that are pretty desperate to get a signal caller. I could maybe see Cleveland trading the #12 pick or the #33 overall pick for Bridgewater and a 3rd or 4th rounder.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal April 24th 2017, 2:07 am

I would like to see bridgewater as a 49er but not if we have to give up our 1st rd pick. a 2nd round pick maybe but only if a 3rd or 4th round pick was included like you said. we got the #35 pick overall I think (3rd pick of rd 2) and that would make for a fair trade but I don't know if Teddy would fit into the new offense we will be running and also there is the injury situation. is teddy even going to be ready to play this season?
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Years April 24th 2017, 11:00 am

ophion1031 wrote:I'm the same way. I might watch a couple of Bulls games during the regular season, especially since Hoiberg is the coach now because I want to keep an eye on how he is doing as an NBA coach.

I like Memphis. If I weren't a Bulls fan, I could see myself being a Grizzlies fan.

I prefer college basketball. Always have. NBA is just too weird for me nowadays. It's like street ball almost. Hell, there was over 300 combined points scored in this year's All-Star game. That is something I always point out during the good ol' "Jordan vs LeBron" debate... they actually played defense in Jordan's day.
Ok. Rule break but cool. Briefly: StL Cards is my team. And screw the rest. But, if it doesn't matter or it helps StL or it's on TV against the Mets, I like the Braves. They've never been in the same division in my lifetime. A fallback, I guess. You're a busy man, and can't follow your team, the Bulls, as much as you'd maybe like to and I get it. But, since they're in separate conferences and usually split the 2-game home and home series, Hey, just saying, you know, I'm confident we'd be honored to be your favorite Western Conference team.
FYI if anybody cares: Yea, Memphis is just a little East of windy Chi (and way South!) but, you know, it's a relocation team and I wasn't consulted. And no, I don't live there but I been there and plan to return. It's badass. Be careful, like I am even in Palo Alto during the day, and Memphis IS a tough town, but that's more rep than real (even tho' it is real) and they seem to like it that way. AND if you like greenways (I LIKE THEM!) it's now possible and easy to walk from Memphis, TN to ARkansas and back and it's awesome. Partially because, you know, there's a river between those two states.
See why I'm kind of trying to dial back my posting here a little? Hey, it's kinda mostly for y'all!
Cheers!

Metal Years

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal April 24th 2017, 8:21 pm

Memphis is a relocation team? I always thought they were an expansion team. which team did they used to be?
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym April 29th 2017, 1:19 pm

Yeah we took mchomes  5th round?
Film of him shows he throws the ball with a loose spiral / wabbely  , usually not a great idea in the pros ....looks like another 3-4 yrs of Smith.... wonder what parking will be then? Last year went from 20 to $40 ,now to $60

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 29th 2017, 6:49 pm

Don Pseuym wrote:Yeah we took mchomes  5th round?
Film of him shows he throws the ball with a loose spiral / wabbely  , usually not a great idea in the pros ....looks like another 3-4 yrs of Smith.... wonder what parking will be then? Last year went from 20 to $40 ,now to $60

1st round, actually. They traded a bunch of picks to take him at #10. Bonehead move! But at least they didn't need a whole lot in the draft unlike some other teams. I just don't see Mahomes being a successful NFL QB. He has a strong arm but not the best decision maker. The Bears traded a bunch of picks to move up 1 spot and take Tribisky. Pretty dumb move. Houston traded up to get Watson. He will probably start for them right away. KC should have taken Watson instead of Mahomes.

I will be editing my draft in a while and will make some players names bold, the ones I picked to the teams they went to. I will notate if they went to the right team but with a different pick.

I'm happy with the Vikings draft. Davin Cook could be a very good running back, and Elflein (sp?) should start at center. They got some other guys who will have a good shot at making the team and other guys who could make the practice squad and develop.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym April 30th 2017, 8:40 am

Yes you right ,I wrong
mchomes
(nickname=my homey) I started it
he looks like a high school QB , not very tall ?

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 30th 2017, 9:18 pm

Mahomes isn't all that big, but he has insane arm strength. That doesn't always translate to talent though. Going to KC is a very good situation for him so he can sit behind Alex Smith for a year or two and learn some things.
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 30th 2017, 9:19 pm

My Cyclones kicked the living shit out of Mahomes and Texas Tech last year by the score of 66-10. Mahomes had a horrible game.

ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by ophion1031 April 30th 2017, 9:22 pm

Here is the full game...

I'm gonna watch it now because it makes me smile like a mofo!!
ophion1031
ophion1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym May 1st 2017, 6:23 am

Just saw the Paitriots  took our TE
O'Shanessee. He looked awesome
With Coles QB  ,bet he hits it big with Brady

Yes but we never throw to the end zone over 15 yrds ... so mchomes useless

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal May 1st 2017, 8:36 pm

CHIEFS TRADING UP FOR MAHOMES MADE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal May 1st 2017, 8:37 pm

lol
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick E. Von Brutal May 1st 2017, 8:37 pm

I was happy with the 49ers draft though. I think we made some big upgrades to our defense. we should at least finish ahead of the rams this year lol
Sick E. Von Brutal
Sick E. Von Brutal

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Pseuym May 2nd 2017, 7:22 am

Veteran chiefs fans want a playoff capable QB, A Smith looked good some easy games ,but others he could not hit recievers with a scoped rifle and he stays in .
If Mc homes can hit 50% of 30-40 yd passes we're in

Don Pseuym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum